Gu Yanhao panicked slightly, for one of his hands was halfway under the child, lifting the girl, while the other hand was holding a pistol. He took a large stride forward, pushing Song Wuyou away with his body. The pistol in his hand was already shooting at the source of the red laser light.

Song Wuyou stumbled off balance. Before she could regain her balance, another two gunshots echoed, one somewhere from her front, another right beside her ear, and then with a muffled bang a bullet entered the flesh.

Song Wuyou was alarmed. Quickly turning around, she saw Gu Yanhao's body staggering off balance as he took several steps back.

"Gu Yanhao!" Song Wuyou rushed to his side to hold him steady and make sure the little girl in his arms did not fall. There was a small hole on the chest of Gu Yanhao's crisp white shirt, red blooming right before Song Wuyou's eyes, dying white into bright red. Song Wuyou face ashen, "You got shot?"

Gu Yanhao stood firm, not showing the slightest emotion or pain even after getting shot. Using the hand that held the pistol to wrap around her waist, his sharp eyes checked her body once over, his voice low as he asked, "Are you injured?"

"No!" Song Wuyou shook her head. Staring at the wound at his chest, her heart bled and felt pained.

 Staring at the wound at his chest, her heart bled and felt pained

Chapter 232: I'm Still Alive and Well, What Are You Crying For?

"No!" Song Wuyou shook her head in despair. Staring at the glaring red on his chest, her heart was gripped with fear and pain. He was wounded, yet his first question was whether she was alright? If he hadn't pushed her away in time, the person shot would be her.

Gu Yanhao smiled, his lips curving up at a charming angle, "It's good you're not injured."

Song Wuyou's heart ached even more looking at his wound.

When her eyes fell on the little girl in his arms, she urged almost frantically, "To the hospital, quick!" The little girl had fainted in Gu Yanhao's arms.

Song Wuyou, the little girl's family, as well as other victims' family members paced back and forth outside the operation theatres.

The little girl's parents cried while hugging her younger brother. Hearing these people crying, Song Wuyou felt uncomfortable. She took a seat on one of the benches. Although she looked calm and composed on the outside, her nerves were like a rubber band stretched close to breaking point.

Recalling that the wound on Gu Yanhao's chest was due to protecting her made her fingers dig into her palm. Even knowing that he was shot on the right side of his chest where it wouldn't hurt his heart didn't stop her from feeling worried. If the bullet hit the lungs, or burst one of his major arteries...

Song Wuyou raised her eyes, a near manic gleam in her eyes as she stared at the light of Gu Yanhao's operating theatre.

Will he die?