Kaito had come up to me and wrapped his arms around me, comforting me. "I'm afraid too," he whispered, "but until we're able to do something about it, all we can do is be strong."

     I nodded in his embrace. "Okay."

     He let go and handed the stack of clothes he folded to me. "Something you might be interested in . . ."

     I gave him a puzzled look as I took the clothes and put them in my suitcase.  "What?"

    "Taega and Shoto broke up."

     My heart leaped in surprise. "Really? They just decided to break up all of the sudden?"

     "Well, I think Shoto broke up with Taega actually. Taega's been crying nonstop about it ever since it happened a few days ago."

      "Shoto. . .broke up with Taega." Words could not describe my relief, and happiness, although I felt extremely guilty for feeling that way. A break up is a break up. "Well, I'm sorry for Taega."

     Kaito burst out laughing. "No you're not, you little liar!"

    ". . ."

     After I had zipped up my suitcase, Kaito and I turned the lights off and left the hotel room. While we were walking out, he reached out and ruffled my hair. "Go steal that boy's heart now."

     I laughed. "I'll try my best!" 

     I was still stunned. Inside, confetti was falling as I thought of my second chance to have Shoto. But still, I was worried. I can't drag him into my dangerous life, a life that I don't even understand anymore. Will I have to keep my distance . . . if it's the only way I can protect him?

     "Hey, we'll all be at your performance," Kaito said. "We're gonna have to sit apart to avoid suspicion, but Riku, Nachika and I will definitely be there. I don't know about Taega, but you know. Screw her."

     "Kaito!" I playfully hit him on the back of his head.

     "Ready to go home?"

      I smiled. I've had enough on Nagasaki. I missed Nachika, Mikura, and I missed Shoto.

     Shoto's gonna be there too, I remembered. Midoriya, Uraraka, Kirishima, and probably Kacchan. . .they're all gonna be there watching me tonight. 

     Suddenly I turned paled at the realization. The competition is TONIGHT!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!

     "Kaito, we have to hurry!" I exclaimed, breaking into a run. "The competition is tonight! We absolutely cannot miss our train! I'm on at seven!"

     Running with me, Kaito looked at his watch. "Oh boy you're right. We spent so much time talking in the room! Come on, faster!"

     Before we knew it, we were clambering down the streets of Nagasaki in a storm of bags and suitcases. We pushed through crowds of people, unsure if we were even headed in the right direction.

     Please don't let our train leave, please don't let it leave. . .

----------

A few hours later, boy's bathroom at U.A. High.  Shoto's POV

     "Hey, uh . . . do you guys think I'm a little too dressed up for this?" Midoriya said as he walked in and stood in front of the mirror. He was sweating out of nervousness.

      "Aren't you supposed to look more dressed up than us?" Kirishima said, straightening his jacket. "You're the one that was chosen to introduce the performers."

      I looked Midoriya over, from head to toe. He looked nice, I'd never seen him in that suit before. He was probably going to wear the same thing to the dance tomorrow.

      "You look fine, Midoriya."

      "Thanks, Todoroki." He scratched his head. "I just hope that I don't stutter on stage, or start muttering. I've never done anything like this before."

     "GEEZ DEKU, WON'T YOU JUST BE READING OFF A SHEET OF PAPER?! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE ANYTHING UP!!!!"

     In the mirror, I saw Bakugo walk behind us, fixing his tie.

    I looked at my own tie, and tried straightening it. However, I wasn't satisfied.

    I turned to Kirishima, who was next to me. "Hey, can you fix my tie? I don't know what's wrong with it."

    "Well, I suck at this stuff but I'll see what I can do." Kirishima undid part of it and began fussing with it.

     While he was working on it, he glanced up at me. "I swear, I'd say you're more nervous than Midoriya is. Take a chill pill, man!"

     "I don't know if she knows that Taega and I broke up, but she hasn't said anything to me in three weeks. I really do want to see her tonight, though."

     Iida came by, and patted me on the shoulder. "Lovestruck by a girl, aren't we, Todoroki?"

     ". . ."

     "HEY, YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!!!" Bakugo butted in. "YOU DO KNOW THAT I'M TAKING HER TO THE DANCE, RIGHT?! STAY OFF MY BACK!!!" He was gone as soon as he came, slamming the door behind him.

     "Don't worry about that jerk," said Kirishima. "There, your tie is fixed."

      "Thanks."

     Midoriya, Kirishima, Iida and I walked to the auditorium and found our seats, at the end of the third row. Uraraka and eventually Bakugo came to join us.

     A few minutes before the show started, Midoriya left us to go backstage and prepare to make the introductions. Uraraka took his seat beside me.

    Curious, I asked, "Are you going to the dance with anyone tomorrow?"

    Uraraka laughed. "Yeah! Deku asked me!"

    "Ah, I see."

    "What about you, Todoroki? I know you just broke up with your girlfriend, and Bakugo asked (Y/N) . . . I'm really sorry about that. I'm sure she would've loved to go with you if you asked her first."

     I shrugged, pretending not to care. "It doesn't bother me that she's going with Bakugo."

    "Yeah, whatever," she said. "But hey, you're welcome to tag along with us! We can go to the dance as a threesome!"

     I nodded. "Sure, thanks."

    Suddenly, Midoriya's voice boomed in the microphone, making some of us laugh. He gave a brief welcome and gave credit to a few of the sponsors. Then, he introduced the first competitor and their piece.

     I clapped with the rest of the audience. I just realized I'd forgotten to grab a program. I wonder when (Y/N)'s playing . . .

----------

I don't know, do you think you even made your train??? We will find out!

Thanks again for reading yet another chapter. The views for this thing have been shooting up like crazy since the last chapter, and my ranking for this is currently #35 in superpowers!!!! Thank you so much for all your support♥

Don't forget to vote/comment and be watching for Chapter 22!