5. The Truth Untold

Jisoo smears the foggy mirror to reveal her own face. It's awfully pale with her bloodshot eyes puffing out from crying. Her wet hair begins to drip onto Taehyung's white t-shirt. She brings a towel to her hair and softly dries the remaining wet hair.

After crying to Taehyung, Jisoo told him that she needed a place to crash since her house is currently a crime scene. He understood and said that she could stay with him until she is clear to go back home. However, Jisoo is never going to step back into that house. Now she's standing in his bathroom with his sweatpants and shirt on. Overall, it's baggy but she pulls the drawstring until the pants fit nicely at her hips.

Opening the bathroom door, Jisoo walks to the foot of Taehyung's bed. She looks behind her back to see him preparing to sleep on his couch. He has multiple rooms in his condo, but he only has one bed. Feeling guilty, Jisoo rushes to him and grabs the blanket out of his hands.

"I'll sleep on the couch," Jisoo says.

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows. "How can I possibly make my guest sleep on the couch? You're sleeping on my bed." He pulls the blanket back into his chest.

"B-But you have a California King." Jisoo looks back at his bed.

"Are you suggesting that we sleep together?"

Jisoo shrugs. "It's big enough for the both of us."

"Do you want to get in bed with me that badly, Jisoo?"

Jisoo breaks their eye contact from hearing his words. A pink hue places itself onto her cheeks. She shakes her head before grabbing the blanket out of Taehyung's hands. She can feel his smirk on her. Taehyung grabs onto her wrist and walks both of them to the bedroom. He turns off the lights as he walks into the room. Then he places her on the bed and goes to the other side, laying down. She watches him as he closes his eyes.

"Are you not going to sleep?" Taehyung asks.

Jisoo doesn't say anything. She lays down on the bed, facing opposite from him. Pulling the blanket over herself, Jisoo closes her eyes. She feels a chill run past her body. Tears soon stain the pillow and sniffles are heard. So much is going on at the moment that Jisoo doesn't know what to do with her life.

Taehyung places his hand onto Jisoo's shoulder. She quickly wipes her tears away and turns to face him. He closes the space between them and wraps his arms around her. He's holds onto her as she buries herself in his chest. His large hand strokes her hair.

"What am I going to do?" Jisoo mutters.

"Don't worry about that right now," Taehyung tells her. "Just sleep and you can think later." When he hears her steady breathing replace her sobs, he lets go of her and slowly rises from his bed. He walks to the dark living room and brings his phone to his ear.

"How did it go?" Yoongi asks from the other line.

Taehyung stays silent. "I didn't do it."

"What you mean you didn't do it?" The older male questions. "Taehyung do you know how hard this whole mission has been? If Woojin walks in tomorrow and she's still alive, then we're all dead." Taehyung stiffens at the statement. He knows what Woojin is capable of.

When Taehyung was twelve, his parents died in a car crash while on their way home. Ever since the death of his parents, Taehyung was raised by his uncle. Taehyung went through rigorous mental and physical trials and test just to be accepted into his uncle's gang. Woojin trained Taehyung to be a soulless monster who would one day rule the underworld of South Korea.

He sighs, "Just tell him that I did the job."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Bye," Taehyung mumbles.