Just then my phone rings. It’s Renee. I answer it but before I could get out a word she yells into the phone.

               “Gale! Are you picking me up in your snazzy ’72 Impala?” She yells with excitement in her voice.

               “Of course, Ren.”

               “Ok, well hurry up, bitch! I’m ready!”

               “I’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

               “Ok!” She chirps and hangs up.

               It’s kind of irritating how excited she always was about school. I go back to the bathroom and straighten my hair and put on black eyeliner on my top eye lid and apply mascara, making my green eyes pop. I love my eyes.

               I walk out of the bathroom and down the hall saying a quick goodbye to my dad before heading out the door. I climb into my car, but not without hitting my head first as I get in. I let out a groan and close the door. As I start the car my phone rings. It’s Renee again.

               “I’m on my way,” I rush out.

               “Ok!” She hangs up.

               I start the car, backing out of the driveway and speed off. I was never really a stickler for obeying speed limits.

               I pull up in Renee’s driveway and go to honk the horn but she’s already prancing out of her house. Today she chose to wear a green top and jeans. She practically bounces in the car and looks at me with a huge grin on her face. She looks down and pokes my boob.

               “What the hell, Ren?”

               “Are you wearing a bra?”

               “Uh, no, is that a problem?”

               “No, I can just see side boob, that’s all!”

               I chuckle and drive off. I try to make small talk while driving.

               “So, do you have your schedule?” I ask Renee.

               “Yep! For first period I have some sort of math class.”

               “Ah, cool.” Blah, I hate math.

               “What do you have for first period?” She asks.

               “Drama 101 with Mr. Sturgis.”

               “Hm, wonder what he’s like.”

               “I couldn’t care less, really. As long as it’s an easy A, I’m good.”

               We stop talking as we pull up to the school and of course, it seems like we’re late. All of the students have already gone to class but the up side is we don’t have to deal with them. Renee gives me a hug and rushes out of the car, going to class.

               I let out a sigh and slowly climb out of the car and head towards the front of the school. I walk to my class and open the door. All of the students turn in unison and stare at me. I look around the room and notice all of the theater posters on the wall and I my eyes land on one for ‘Romeo and Juliet’, my favorite Shakespeare play. I know all of Juliet’s lines by heart, mostly because I played Juliet in 8th grade for my school’s production of the play.