chapter eight

A/N: I truly appreciate you guys getting this book to 400 reads, it's absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks so much you guys!

><><><><

❝ I SHOULDN'T BE JEALOUS, YOU WERE NEVER EVEN MINE ❞

— anonymous

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

[ BREAK UP PLAN ]

     DANIEL STOPPED PLAYING and Ember looked toward the direction the voice came from. Ember saw Emma standing there, her eyebrows creased in angrily and her arms folded in front of her chest.

''Emma, hi.'' ember greets, chuckling uneasily. ''I um—''

Emma snapped her finger and pointed up to the sky. According to the line of magic that had got blasted into the air, Ember knew that Emma had cast a spell. Ember shifts her eyes at Daniel and saw that he was frozen in place. Ember turns her attention back to Emma.

''It wasn't very necessary for you to freeze ti—''

''Shut up.'' emma snapped harshly. Ember raised her eyebrows in surprise. ''You can't just waltz in here expecting Daniel to just instantly fall in love with you. Because he's not in love with you, he's in love with me.''

''What in the world makes you think that I would want Daniel to fall in love with me?'' ember exclaims defensively. ''I don't even know hi—''

Ember immediately pauses as a light bulb went off right above her head. Her lips curve into a secretive smirk.

''I mean, I love Daniel,'' ember fakes, rising up to her feet. ''I have ever since I've laid my eyes on him.''

''Wait until I tell Jax about this!'' emma expressed in delight. Emma instantly pulled out her phone. ''He's going to be so mad.''

Ember walks up to Emma and swipes Emma's phone out of her hands. ''Don't even bother texting him about it honey,'' she snorts in amusement. ''I'm breaking up with him tomorrow anyways.''

Ember hands her phone back and Emma tucks it back into her back pocket.

''Daniel doesn't love you though,'' emma pointed out. ''he loves me.''

''Why don't you unfreeze time and we'll see what he thinks about that,'' ember insists. ''if he likes me, he's mine. If he likes you, he's yours.''

Emma gave her a small ''deal'' nod and unfroze time. The two girls turn around and faced Daniel who was now standing up. Emma pushed Ember to the side and stepped in front of her, putting herself in Daniel's line of sight.

''Danny?'' emma said softly. ''Remember your surprise you had for me tonight? What was it?''

Daniel smiled at Ember over Emma's shoulder and put his arms out wide and rushed towards Ember as if he didn't hear a single word Emma had even spoke to him. He brushed shoulders with Emma as he past her. Once he reached Ember, he embraced her in his arms. After Daniel hugged Ember, he turned to face Emma with his arm draped around Ember.