"I am a nice guy..."

"You think smiling makes you a nice guy? All my life I battled against fake people and you're possibly the fakest. The only reason they got you in here is that they haven't found the bodies, weirdo. Soon as they do they are going to give the long kiss goodnight. Funny thing is your perverted ass probably missed everything I just said and heard the word kiss. Probably got a hard-on thinking it's from one of the Monroes."

"You're just mad I'm going to be Coy Monroe," I told him, "And the Monroe brothers are all going to be in love with me."

"Delusional as always. What you think you going to have an orgy with them. Three dicks in your mouth at once. No, four."

"You're pissing me off Syn...you don't want me pissed off."

"I wouldn't prefer you any other way. I see you Coy. I see you. Even if no one else does. I do. You're full of shit Coy Powell. I'd slap the sense out of you but everyone knows shit splatters."

He walked away. He walked away just like that. I'm so angry that I flip the fuck out. I lose it. I start throwing things across the room. Syn turns long enough to press the panic button and get all the orderlies running in there to pin me down. They wrestle me to the ground and threaten to pump me with medication but I'm just looking up.

My anger is getting the best of me. I'm foaming at the mouth.

He was telling me I wasn't good enough. He was telling me that I wasn't handsome enough. He was telling me that I wasn't the type of person that Gem could fall in love with. Why not? Why the FUCK not!

"You'll see!" I told Syn that day, "You'll see. They'll love me..."

~
"Wake up..."

I slap his face a few times. Jericho struggles to get up. His mouth is a little dry. I can tell so I give him a little water. I hold his head back and let him taste the water. He spits it out when he realizes that it's me. I can see this panic in his eyes. He is really handsome when he panics.

Jericho is looking around. He doesn't recognize where we are. That causes him to panic even more. All of this panic. Then the panic turns to screaming.

"What is this? where am I?"

"Don't worry. You've been out on heavy medication for a few days now. I had to keep you under while I found someplace to hide. Unfortunately, you missed Ainsley's funeral. It was quite sad. Everyone is still tearing up about it."

"Where am I? HELP! HELP ME!"

By now he's realized that he's tied up. He attempts to break it. Guys like him think they are so strong that they can overcome any obstacle with willpower. I think it's a humbling experience when he realizes that he is pretty secure.

"No one can hear you. We are too far out. I'm using Topaz's storage unit all the way out in Calabasas. He gave me some extra money. I told him I needed to go shopping. The truth was I bought out all the storage units around us."

"Who are you?"

"Gem Monroe."

"Bullshit."

I smile at him. I unwrap a piece of a sandwich and bring it over to him to get a bite. He doesn't eat it. He doesn't take it. It's a shame. I thought he would be hungry by now.

"You should eat," I warn him, "I'll only come check on you twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening."

"What do you plan on doing to me?"