Chapter 2: Siblings

"Bored. I'm so bored." I thought as I was laying down on my bed trying to think of something to do. There was absolutely nothing to do. I couldn't think of anything. I rolled around back and forth on my bed trying to trigger my brain to think of something I could do. After rolling around about ten times, I stopped and I noticed something. I noticed that I was bored because there was no one to play with or to talk to. I didn't have any friends to talk to or siblings to play with. At that moment, I couldn't want anything more than a sibling that would be my friend. I suddenely got up, ran out of my room, and to my mom. "Mommy! Mommy!" "What is it, Nicole?" she replied with her sweet voice. "Can I have a little sister or brother to play with? And if possible can I have a sister instead of a brother?" My mother laughed and answered me with a kind voice, "I'll see what I can do, Nicole." "Thank you, Mommy," I said with a smile.

A week later my mom called me, saying that she something to tell me. As soon as I heard her call and I ran to my parent's bedroom as fast as my 4 year old legs could take me. I stepped in the bedroom to see my mom and my dad, both with warm smiles. My mother started, "Nicole, you know how you have been wanting a little sister or brother? Well, guess what?" I answered, eager to find out, "What? What!" Both my parents laughed. I heard my mom whisper to my dad, "You tell her, Greg" My father nodded and then turned to me, "In 9 months, you're going to have a younger sibling." I immediately jumped up and said, "Yay!!!" My parents laughed again. I quickly said, "Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!" and dashed to my room. I jumped on my bed. I was filled with joy. In 9 months, I would have a baby sister/brother to play with. But there were two problems. First, how am I going to survive waiting for 9 months? Second, I had no idea if I was having a brother or a sister!!

"Mom! Mommy!" I was running to find and ask my mom and important quiestion that I had been pondering the answer to for months. "Mommy!" I yelled once again with my loud voice. I stopped when I finally found my mom in her bedroom, like she was 4 months ago. "Calm down, Nicole! What is it?" Although she was a bit annoyed, she was using a sweet voice, the same unmistakable, sweet voice of my mother. "I have a question, Mommy." "Go on," she quickly replied. "Am I going to have a baby sister or a baby brother?" A smile grew on my mother's face and she answered, "Actually, Nicole, you are going to have a pair of identical twin brothers." I was a little dissapointed that I wasn't going to have a sister, but the fact that I was going to have two younger brothers instead of one made me forget about wanting a sister. "TWO younger brothers?? Yay!!! I'm so excited!!!" Just then my father walked in, "I'm glad your excited, Nicole. Would you like to help us think of names for them?" "Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!", I responded. My parents giggled. All three of us sat of the bed and started thinking of names. My mom started, "how about James?" "Maybe, anything else?" my father said. "Jake?" I suggested. "How about Jacob instead?" Dad said. "Perfect!" I exclaimed. "Now for the next one." "Hmm, Josh?" "No, Daddy, it's Mommy's turn" I said. We both looked at Mom who was thinking of another name. "I can't think of any names that I like... How about I see him and then I name him." My father and I both nodded in agreement. Although I now seemed calm, I was excited. I couldn't wait 5 more months to see Jacob and... well... whatever his name was going to be.

About 4 to 5 months later came my birthday, August 4th. I was turning 5 years old. My parents had thrown me a big party and had given me tons of presents. It was like a miracle for a 5 year old. At the end of the day, when I was going to go to sleep, I noticed that 5 months had almost passed. And I thought, "Anyday now I going to have two baby brothers, Jacob and whats his name." Right after I thought that, I smiled and fell fast asleep.

It was August 25th. I was sitting in my room, waiting for my little brothers to arrive. Ten minutes later, I heard my parents walking into their bedroom. As soon as I heard them, I ran to their bedroom.  I saw my mom holding a baby boy and so was my dad. I started, "Mommy! Daddy! Can I see them!" They both turned around smiling, and let me look at them both. Then I said, "They're so cute! What are their names?" Dad told me that he was holding Jacob. My mom told me that she named the baby she was holding George. Then I got curious and I said, "which one older?" My mom told me that George was older. Then curiosity struck again, "Older by how many minutes?" Both parents laughed, then mom said, "wow you're very curious, Nicole! George is older by 5 minutes." I looked at them again, they both had a sort of sparkle in their eyes. A mysterious sparkle that would fascinate me. I didn't care to figure out if it meant anything until I got older, but as a 5 year old, it was very fascinating. Even more fascinating than the things on the top floor. I looked at Jacob and said, "Hi Jacob!" My parents giggled. I'm pretty sure you probably did too but hey! I was 5 years old! Then I looked at George and then at my mother. "So his name is George?" "Yes, Nicole," my mother replied with a warm smile. I turned to George and smiled, looking at his eyes that glistened and gleamed. I said with a soft voice, "Hi George." George looked at me and smiled. I looked up at my mom and said, "can I hold him?" "Ok but you have to be very careful." "Ok I promise." My mother gently placed him in my arms. George was smiling and so was I. I looked into his sparkling eyes and said, "I'm your older sister, Nicole. I have a feeling we are going to be great friends." George giggled and his eyes sparkled. From that moment on I knew that there was something special about my brothers and years later I found out what it was.

TO BE CONTINUED