Chapter 1 - Isabel

That day started out the same as it always had. Wake up, get ready for the day, go to testing, get any work done. Basically my whole life sense I had started working on Project E. I rarely saw Yui anymore. My parents long gone on a vacation to Europe. Often times I get post cards from them describing how wonderful Russia is. The beautiful architecture of the Russian palaces. More then ounce, I've got myself thinking what it would be like to live away from Japan. Work elsewhere on Project E just as Kyoko and Mai were. Kyoko working on Project-E2 in Germany while Mai was working on Project-E8 in England. Both were obviously staying in different countries for obvious reasons. They both found someone to make them stay instead of moving back to Japan, Unlike Yui and I.

*Tap Tap Tap*
"Am I interrupting something?" Yui Ikari smiled at her oldest sister typing away at her computer. Isabel turned to face her with a smile plastered on her face. "Only my thoughts dear sister. Do come sit down. This office to boring when company is not around." She gestured to her white walled office with its empty spaces of white. No windows. "Tell me sister, what brings you here?" Isabel asked as she turned off her computer monitor she'd previously been typing away on. Yui took a seat in the chair across Isabel and sighed.
"I came to ask how the results of your testing have been?"
"They've been better. I just can't seem to get past the nerve block you know! Somethings missing! Some piece of the puzzle we just can't wrap our mind around! And dear older brother is not much help either! Genetic science my a**!" Isabel threw her hands up in the air. Frustrated yet again.
"Maybe it's not something to do with the nerve system at all. Maybe it has to be something else entirely?" Yui turned to the coffee maker and began to brew whatever coffee Isabel may or may have not had this morning.
"But 'What' is the question! Project-E can't be completed if the pilots can't even sync with the damn thing! Much less control the AT field!" She banged her head against her desk. Yui smiled down at her sisters distress.
"NERV all mighty! I'm a failure for a scientist."
"Your no failure dear sister. You just need to clear your mind. Maybe synchronization with an Eva is something else entirely, like I said before."
Isabel huffed and puffed her cheeks out. Her long brown hair fell in front of her face. Blue eyes staring up at the picture of the first angel she had displayed in her office. Equations and calculations all ran through her brain in that very second. Her conclusion and the final results of her experimentation coming to the end. "By the mind of Einstein your right Yui!" Isabel clapped her sisters hands together. "That's it! We need an emotional connection! What if...and I know I may sound crazy...But what if I were to create an entirely new species of Eva! One that is half angel! Half Eva!"
Yui was taken back by surprise. What on earth was happening to her sister? "B-But Isa, Eva already..."
"No no no! I already know what Eva is! What if we take a small sliver of Adam and a very, very, small sliver of Lilith, mix it with our DNA and use it to create an entirely new being!" Isabel's eyes sparkled the way they always did when she came up with an insanely dangerous, and very profound idea. "What do you think?"
"I don't know Isabel. The results of that may be catastrophic. And most likely never work."
"Why not?"
"Because..." Yui caught herself before she spilled any classified information.
"Because what?" Isabel looked at Yui with a raised eyebrow. Yui shook her head. "It just won't work okay." Yui poured the coffee and handed it to her sister. "Isabel, whatever you decide to bring up to the board. Be careful, tread the water lightly, and keep your head above it? Got that?" Yui cupped her older sisters cheeks. Isabel assured her sister through her fish face. "I promise. Whatever happens. I'll keep my head above water."

What a damned fool I'd been.