{one}

"Abbey?.. Abbey?" I heard from behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I had gotten an eviction notice this morning for my apartment. It wasn't a surprise, I had been struggling for months to be able to pay rent, after it had just been raised. I've just graduated College, and this was my first place, outside of the dorm. When I got there, I immediately said I would take it because of the price. It was the cheapest one I had found in New York. About 4 months ago the rent got raised to an ungodly amount that I could never afford.

And now here I am, at work, standing behind the counter, wearing my old jeans, a black t-shirt and my apron, my brown hair pulled into a high pony tail.

I turn to look at my boss, Jessica,  who was calling my name. She was a women no older than 40, with blonde hair that was in a short bob. I had met her when I first came in here, looking for a place to study, instead of my loud dorm. She was extremely sweet, and she made amazing coffee. I was elated when she offered me a job at her cute coffee shop.

"What's wrong, Abs?" She walked over to me. She gave me that nickname when I started coming here after a few months, and I can't lie. I loved it.

I sigh, tightening my pony tail, as I push myself off the front counter. "I got my eviction notice today. I knew it was coming.. I just didn't think it would be this soon.." I say looking at her annoyed. "I'll have to try to find another place, but if I can't afford it there, I don't know how I will be able to anywhere else." I say, rubbing my face.

After a moment of silence Jessica speaks. "You know I wish I could pay you for Abs.. I really do.. but business isn't booming like it was months ago.." she says with a soft smile. "I'm sorry Abbey.."

I give a small smile in return. The coffee shop had had about 15 people in this morning. A few picking up coffee to go, and a few actually sitting. Now about 6 people were scattered throughout the cafe, all drinking their coffee.

My attention is pulled, when I hear the sound of the front door opening. My eyes turn to the door, and my mouth opens slightly.

Standing there is a man, with brown curls, that reached his shoulders, his arms had tattoos throughout it, and he was built, with broad shoulders. In his right hand, was a long white can, with red at the bottom. But what had my jaw dropped was his eyes. His eyes were a beautiful unique shade of green that I had never seen before, they were somewhere between Jade and Emerald, but I couldn't decide which was closer.

He walked, with the stick held out in front of him

He walked, with the stick held out in front of him. He walked with confident, raised shoulders. Soon he approaches the front counter, where I stood with Jessica beside me.

"Good morning Harry.." Jessica spoke, smiling.

My head turned in her direction, about to ask her how she knew him, but that's when I heard his voice.

"Mornin' Jess.. How are you doin'?" He had a surprisingly deep voice, that was also husky, and a British accent was prominent in his voice. I found myself getting goosebumps, and looking back up at him, his eyes looking even more beautiful up close. The unique green was a ring around grey pupil, instead of black.

"I'm really good Harry, Thank you.. you want the usual hun?" She said walking behind me toward the coffee machines, while I stayed put, looking up at him.

"Yep.. Thank you.." he spoke again, sending shivers down my spine, and causing me to let out a breath.

I watched as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Hello.." he spoke quietly.

"H-Hi.." I spoke at almost a whisper.

I watched his plump little turn up at the corners. "I'm sorry Love.. I didn't know you were there.." I felt my knees go weak at the name.

"T-That's Alright.. -" As I was about to continue Jess spoke behind us.

"Harry, Babe, why don't you go sit.. Abbey will bring it to you when it's ready.." She said look back at us.

I watched Harry's lips turn up into a smile. 'Abbey' I heard him whispers, almost repeating it to himself as he stepped away.

My eyes followed his head of curls

My eyes followed his head of curls. He walked as if he knew where everything was, until he stopped at the booth infront of the front window. He waited a moment, probably checking if anyone was sitting there, before he gracefully stood into the booth, setting his cane beside him.

I turned around walking over to Jessica. "Who is that?" I spoke quietly to her.

"That's Harry.. he comes here a few times a week.. he is usually here before you get here.." she explains, her eyes watching the coffee, that she's making, for Harry.

"So he's.." I stop myself, not wanting to be rude, or seen like an idiot for stating the obvious.

"Yeah Babe.. he's blind.." she speaks once again.

I turn my head, in his direction, looking at him once again. He had a chiseled Jawline, and sharp features. His lips were plump, and they looked extremely soft. I found my eyes traveling down his arms, looking at the small innings that were etched across the skin.

"Staring isn't polite dear.." she spoke, handing me the cup of coffee. My eyes met hers and I nod. "I know.. I'm sorry.. he's just.." I find myself turning my head again, looking at him.

"Attractive.." she spoke, causing my head to turn to her quickly. "That's what a lot of girls say when they come in here, and they see him sitting there.." she said with a small laugh.

I felt my cheeks heat up at the words, as I grabbed the coffee. I turned on my heel, and walks out from behind the counter, I walked to his table.

"H-Here you are.. if you need a refill just call for me.. I'm Abbey.." I said as I set the cup down in front of him. As my hand was leaving the cup, he grabbed my wrist softly, causing my eyes to go to him.

"I'm Harry.. nice to meet you love.." he said smiling. I felt my knees go weak again, and my hand shook softly.

His eyebrows furrowed once again, and my eyes went wide as he leaned down kisses a spot on my hand. My cheeks burned crimson red as he let my hand go, a smirk present on his lips.

I turned around quickly, walking back to the counter, as I heard a small chuckle fall from his lips

I have a feeling this won't be our last encounter.