01| START OF GLEE CLUB

[ Chapter One ]

❝I expected better out of you.❞

[Pilot]

>> >> >>

McKinley High school was a lot better than Raven's old school. Here, she felt accepted and knew there were people who loved her for who she truly was. Or, at least that's what she thought. High school was funny that way, you never knew who was going to turn on you when.

Being a Cheerio, meant devoting most of your time to practice and performing. Sue Sylvester, the leader of the Cheerios, was a stickler for practice. She worshiped cheerleading. You'd think these were NFL cheerleaders, by how hard she worked them.

Raven was still getting used to being on the Cheerios, even though she'd been at school for a couple of months and was on the team for that whole time. But the practices were grueling and even her dance and gymnastics background couldn't have prepared her for the Cheerios. However, being a part of the Cheerios made Raven feel as if she was part of a big family. Her new best friend, Quinn Fabray, had been there to show her the ropes and she stuck next to her like glue which was great. Raven felt like she had an older sister always by her side which was so much fun. Raven felt like Quinn was the most generous and real out of all the Cheerio girls. Some of the other girls like Santana Lopez and Brittany Pierce were rude and loved to bully others. But Quinn always seemed to feel terrible after she did and although she was at the top of the school's food chain, she didn't always act like it. 

Raven was busy changing in the locker room when she overheard a few girls giggling over something. Apparently, the old leader of the glee club had been fired and now the Spanish teacher, Will Schuster was taking over. Why, that was something to giggle over, Raven didn't understand, so afterwards, she found Quinn and begged her to explain.

"Why the hell is Glee club something to laugh about?" Raven asked her best friend as they strolled down the hallway, arm in arm.

Quinn laughed, "Well, you see Ray, Glee club has always been at the bottom of the social pyramid here at Mckinley, because only geeks and losers join it. I've never seen a Cheerio or a football player agree to join and why should they, they have much better things to do then sing about love and acceptance."

Raven rolled her eyes, "Wow Quinn Fabray doesn't want to sing about love and acceptance. What a surprise?" She grinned at her best friend and led her over to their next class.

>> >> >>

The following day, a couple of the Cheerio girls were gathered up in the bleachers and Quinn was holding a laptop where a video was playing. Raven climbed up and sat beside her, curious as to what they were doing. Raven raised an eyebrow as she recognized the girl on the screen, "Isn't that Rachel?"

Quinn rolled her eyes, "Don't tell me you've talked to her."

Raven shook her head, "Not really. I mean, she's in a couple of my classes but she's not really the type of person I'd associate with normally. She's far too into the arts and it scares me a little. What exactly are you doing?" 

"Watch and learn." Santana responded.

Raven sighed as she saw Quinn type up a few comments to the video that were a little rude and excessive. Raven did not like it that her friends bullied others so much when she was a victim of bullying. Of course, Quinn promised that they'd never bully her but who could be sure when it came to the Cheerios.

Raven got up as soon as they finished and walked out of the gym, very aware of her best friend's voice calling after her. She wasn't going to participate in this, even if it cost her, her spot on the Cheerios.

>> >> >>

Finn Hudson was the quarterback of the football team and one of the most popular guys in school so when the news hit Raven, that he had joined Glee club, she was a little shocked. But since she wasn't close to him and only spent time with him when they were both with Quinn Fabray, she couldn't ask him what he was doing in glee club. And Quinn Fabray didn't know about her boyfriend's new hobby and who was Raven to tell him.

However, that evening when Quinn and Raven were walking down the hallway, arm in arm and they ran into Finn talking with Rachel at his locker, Raven had half a mind to spill it to her best friend. But she didn't.

"Hi Finn." Quinn said, and then sneered at Rachel, "What are you doing talking to her?"

Finn looked stunned as he didn't know what to say and Raven felt sorry for him and for Rachel. Raven looked away as Rachel answered, "science project. We're partners."

"Tonight at 5. My house." Quinn smiled sweetly at her boyfriend and then pulled on Raven's arm, "Come on Ray."

Raven looked behind her apologetically before following her best friend, "What is it that you have against her. Hell, what is it that you have against all of them?"

"They're lame, Ray. And yes, I understand that you were bullied at your old school and I'd never let you go through that again but that doesn't mean I'm going to change all of my ways." Quinn announced.

"Q. Even if you're treating me the right way, that doesn't mean you're a good person." Raven paused in the hallway, "You have to treat everyone the way you want to be treated. I expected better out of you."

Quinn opened her mouth to speak but didn't say anything as her new best friend turned her back and strutted off down the hallway. Alone.

>> >> >>

That afternoon, Raven was passing the auditorium on her way out of school when she heard loud music and singing. Immediately intrigued, she pushed open the door and peered in where she saw the entire glee club performing a rendition of 'don't stop believing' which was pretty good. She had to admit that it looked like a ton of fun and Raven was very tempted to join in.

She looked up to the balcony where she saw three people looking over and noticed that it was Quinn, Santana and Coach Sylvester. Raven frowned, knowing very well that the three of them were up to something and whatever that something was, it was not going to be good.

Right then and there, as Raven saw Rachel hit the high notes and Finn sing his heart out, she decided that she wasn't going to sit by and let others have all the fun. She was going to join the glee club.

>> >> >> 

Word Count: 1137

Hey guys! I am so excited to start this story and I hope you are too. Sam Evans (the love interest) will of course not be introduced until he arrives in the second season but I have so much more planned for Raven. 

What did you guys think? What about her friendship with Quinn? 

I love you all and will see you soon with chapter 2!

POSTED ON:

8. 3. 18