The Sidekick

Sonic was Currently chasing Eggman on his egg-mobile through a desert valley.

"You Can't lose me, Egghead!" yelled the blue hedgehog still speeding after his arch enemy.

"Eggman! You know my name is Dr. Eggman!" Egg remarked hitting his fist of the dash of the egg-mobile in anger. "You do that on purpose!"

"Do what, Egghead?" Sonic fired back in a joking tone.

Eggman than makes a turn with Sonic quickly tailing behind him. They run down a another narrow valley and eventually come to a giant crater. Sonic stops as soon as he sees the ditch to prevent himself from falling in.

"It all ends here, old friend." Eggman says flying above the crater. Sonic looked up at him. "Prepare to be destroyed... By Burnbot!"

A robot with giant claws then walked to the edge of the crater behind Eggman.

"Is he gonna burn me with flamethrowers or something?" Sonic questioned in a cocky tone.

"Flamethrowers? No..." Eggman answered scratching his head.

"Oh um... acid? Incendiary grenades?" Sonic Listed off.

"No, no, no, no, no... claws." Eggman countered pointing to the robot. "He has claws, very painful claws."

"Then you should have called him Clawbot, or Lacerator, or Pinch-a-ton 9,000." The Speedy Hedgehog nagged. "But Burnbot? I mean that's just false advertising..."

"I name the robots, Sonic!" Eggman snapped at him. "Burnbot, Attack!"

Burnbot then jumped down and started to speed down the spiral path down the crater. This earned a 'hu' out of Sonic before he dashed down the same pathway as well. Burnbot chased Sonic for a while, than a blue plane flew above them.

"Blue leader, this is Yellow sky." Tails said stating his arrival. "I've got eyes on Burnbot. He's on the move. Over."

"Thanks, Tails." Sonic thanked. "Initiate Speed Swing Surprise."

Tails then dove down in the plane into the crater. He got his electric beam (is that what it's called?) and through it into the middle of the crater. Sonic ran and jumped off the pathway grabbing the beam mid air. Tails turned the plane around and circled back so Sonic could hit Burnbot. Sonic than kicked Burnbot into the wall of the crater and jumped back onto the pathway. 

"Get up, get up, get up!" Eggman yelled flying over to where Burnbot was laying.

Burnbot than got up and looked around. The robot then through one of his claws at Tails' plane putting a cut in one of the wings. Tails then started to panic a little as the plane began to spin out of control. 

"Bail, Tails, bail!" Sonic Ordered into his communicator. His voice was filled with concern for his best bud, and dear he say crush. 

Tails pulled a lever but then started to panic even more when the lever broke off. Sonic started to dash off to help his two tailed friend, well until Burnbot landed in front and tried to attack him. Sonic dodged the attack and looked around for something to help defeat Burnbot with. Sonic didn't have time for this Tails needed him, and man would someone pay if he got hurt! Sonic looked up and saw a large bolder that could easily fall with a little help. Sonic spin dashed the rock and it fell on top of Burnbot. The speedy hedgehog also used the bolder as a platform to jump out of the crater. 

"Tails! No!" Sonic screamed as he landed on the edge of the crater.

Sonic stood there in shock as he watched his best friend and crush crash into the ground in his plane. The blue hedgehog froze for a moment not believing what he had just watched. Eggman was sure going to pay for this. As he dashed over to the crash site the only think in his head was how he hoped he was alive.