Chapter 1

The sound of the door to my bedroom flying open and crashing into the wall startled me awake, along with my brother screaming my name.

- Urgh. Let me sleep! I whined.

-No! I made breakfast, he almost yelled.

I pulled the cover over my head as he opened the curtains letting the morning sun into the dark room.

-But honestly, you better get up, my brother said.

- Why? I asked him, slowly pulling down the cover to reveal my face.

- Mother is coming home tonight and we both know how she is when she gets home from a long trip, he elaborated.

- Yeah, I know, but at least she won't be whooping your ass, you are her precious. I'm just waiting for her to turn into Gollum, I said laughing and earning a death stare from my brother.

- Get up! He said and threw a pillow at me.

- Yeah alright, don't get your panties in a twist, precious, I said, getting out of bed and heading down stairs to see what my brother had made for breakfast.

I sat down at the table and my brother placed a plate of pancakes on the table. I mumbled a thank you before taking out my phone. He was right, it was the 19 th of May, mother would be coming home today, meaning my social life would be ending and I would be going back to the slavery.

After breakfast I put on some sneakers I used while doing stable duties and started walking the short path to the stables. It was, like always, beautiful to see the stables, pastures and the arena spread out in front of me. I started by walking out to the pastures, checking on the mares and foals walking in the big pasture together, most of the foals were still laying down, resting. They had spent the night out, under observation, since it was their first time out a whole night.

After checking on the rest of the horses, I went inside and started preparing food for the horses who needed some extra support feeding along with the active competing horses. I brought the old man in, a big and brown thoroughbred. He was mothers first horse she had brought as she had moved out from grandma and grandpa. He was her heart horse, all of us had learned how to ride on him since he was very nice and gentle with everyone, though he was a giant. He got a good brush while he ate his food and then I let him out with the yearlings again, since that was his new job, babysitting the yearlings.

After I had fed all the horses and cleaned what needed to be cleaned, I went back inside and jumped in the shower. As I got out, I put on a pair of light blue jeans with holes on the knees and a white t-shirt with an open back. I went down stairs and put on a leather jacket along with a pair of white adidas. I then grabbed my keys to my motorbike, a black Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, and my helmet before rushing out of the house and driving in towards the city.

After 10 minutes I parked in the parking lot beside a small cafe. Even though I had thought I would be running late, I was now a few minutes early, so I went inside and took our usual table.

As we were all sitting down enjoying the food and drinks, I cleared my throat, gaining everyone's attention.

- So, I know we usually spend the first two weeks of the summer at Alice's lake house but I was wondering if we could save it for the last two weeks of summer? I asked.

- It wouldn't be a problem for me but why? Anton asked me

- Yeah it wouldn't be a problem. I just need to inform mum that we are doing it later, Alice said.

- I am going to England to surprise a friend I haven seen in 5 years, I explained.

- OMG! Are you finally going to go see Pin? Emma exclaimed.

- Yeah, Who is pin? Leon asked.

- It's Saras childhood crush! Emma said.

- No! I said.

- Based on what I have heard, I agree with Emma, Anton said.

- Do you want to walk home? I asked Anton.

- No... Anton said and we all laughed.

After a few hours of talking we split up, me and Anton going back to my place to take the horses for a ride. Anton and I went out to the two pastures next to each other and brought in the horses. We tacked up and headed out, riding the back trails behind the stables and into the woods toward the summer lake and then around so we would come back in front of the stables. We had a wonderful time talking and laughing.

As we returned I could see mother standing in the front of the stable with my brother at her side.

- Nice for you to finally join us, She greeted me as we dismounted.

- Hello mother, welcome back. How was your trip? I asked but was completely ignored.

- Welcome back Mrs Frost, Anton said.

- Thank you, she said, hugging him.

- How was it? He asked.

- I found a few horses I'm considering buying or breeding some of the mares too. Could you please take my daughter's horse inside with you so I can talk to her in private? She asked Anton.

- Yes of course, He said.

- I'll be right in, I said as he took Ace inside with him.

I turned towards my mother and her face turned from the friendly smile she had towards everyone else to the disgusted facial expression she had every time she saw or talked to me.

- You are leaving tomorrow. The plane leaves at 08:00, She said.

- But... what? I was supposed to leave nxt week, I protested.

- Well not anymore and you won't be bringing Ace with you. Your brother needs him for the competition in five days, then we will come to England and you can go play around with him again, she said with a hint of anger.

- Why do I need Ace? I have Amelia! Jacob said.

- You can't use Amelia for two competitions in a row, Mother said.

- Two? He asked.

- Yeah, I signed you up for the high elite competition at Holloway for when we get to England and I need her to be at her best, Mother said.

I just left. I was really upset. I went up to my room, ripping open the door to my walk-in closet and throwing clothes, shoes and other necessities in my big black suitcase. I was so pissed so when I walked back out into my room and over to the bathroom to get the toiletries I would need, it wasn't until I went back towards my suitcase, that I realised Anton was on my bed.

- Hi, I exhaled.

- Hi, He said, standing up and hugging me.

- I'm sorry I didn't see you, I said.

- It's alright. I heard everything from inside the stable and I know how your mum is towards you, he said.

- Urgh I am so grateful that I have you, I said and I hugged him a little closer.

- Now I should let you continue packing, He said and let me go,walking towards the door.

- How are you getting home? I asked, knowing I was supposed to drive him home.

- My brother is picking me up so you don't have to worry, okay? He said.

- Okay, but I do feel bad for not driving you, I added.

- Don't. You have to pack. Call me when you have landed tomorrow, He demanded.

- Of course, I said as he left and disappeared down stairs.

Before I went to bed, my brother came up, apologised for our mothers behaviour and we talked about everything before I fell asleep.