He smiles at me lightly, and I feel my heart start to race. He reaches over and grabs my glasses, handing them to me. "You might need these."

"Thanks," I mutter. I slip the glasses on my face and turn away from him, heading for the door to our tent.

Outside, not a lot of people are awake. The sky is still starting to wake up, but I put my head down and hurry across the camp to another tent.

When I enter the tent, I find Murphy in the process of putting on his shoes. He looks up at me with sleep still in his eyes, worry in his brows, and I feel myself start to cry again.

"Max, what's wrong," he asks. He wastes no time in throwing his arms around me and pulling me into his chest.

I start to explain the nightmare, and how much time Bellamy is spending with Clarke. He doesn't let go of me, and I like the feeling of being safe. I end my rant with a mutter of- "I think he's too good for me."

"Are you kidding me?"

Murphy pulls me back from his chest, eyes running over my face. "If anything, he's too good for you. You're way out of his league."

I wipe my eyes under my glasses. "You're just saying that because you're my best friend."

"Yeah, and because Bellamy is a giant twat."

I giggle and he starts to laugh as well. I reach forward and wrap my arms around him, squeezing him tight.

"You need to tell him about your dream," he says. "He needs to know."

"You're right."

I pull away, thanking him while he laughs at me. When I'm back outside, I see that more people have woken up. They walk around, still sleepy, ready to start the day.

I hurry back to my tent and throw the flap open, but the room is empty and the bed is made. I turn around, thinking that he must've already started his day. I rush towards the drop-ship, hoping he's in there and avoiding the curious eyes of people eyeing me in my pajamas.

He's in the drop-shop, right next to Clarke.

I ignore the painful feeling in my heart and call out to him. He turns to me with big eyes, and they only widen when he sees my flustered expression. "Max, what's wrong?"

He walks over to me and I swallow my nerves. "I need to talk to you. Alone."

"Yeah," he mutters. He turns to Clarke while grabbing my hand, lacing our fingers together. "Clarke, I'll be back."

She nods, turning back to what she was doing.

I start to led him towards the back of the drop ship and he lets me, almost dragging his feet in the dirt. Once I'm back there, I let go of his hand and he stands awkwardly.

"What's wrong, Max?"

I brush a curl out of my face. "I had a dream last night, one that really scared me."

"Oh," he says. "You should've woke me up. I could've helped you."

"It was about you."

"Oh," he repeats.

"You and Clarke." I watch his face for a reaction and, slowly but surly, his eyebrows clench together in confusion. "You left me for her and I couldn't stop thinking that it was because I wasn't enough for you, and Clarke... she was."

"That's ridiculous." He reaches forward and grabs both of my hands, holding them with his. "Max, I love you, there's no need to be jealous. Especially of Clarke. She might be the co-leader of camp, but she's got nothing on you."

I smile brightly, all of my worries evaporating with every word. He leans down and kisses me, and I kiss him back with as much love as I can muster.

When he finally pulls back, he laces our hands together again and starts dragging me back to the drop-ship. "I'll show you," he says, a small smile on his lips.

He takes us back to the drop-ship and gets Clarke's attention.

"Everything alright," she asks, brushing her hands off. She looks between us and our conjoined hands.

"Everything's fine," Bellamy says. "But you're going to have to finish this by yourself. I have to help Max with something."

"No problem." She smiles slyly in our direction. "Have fun."

Bellamy walks us out of the drop-ship and turns to me again. "What do you say about ditching camp?"

"I say, yes please."