Imagine Peter's music waking you up

You laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling when a familiar song came drifting in. The Milano was quiet as the song danced around your head and you got up, wandering over to the door of your room. Opening it, you listened to the song and wondered if Peter was awake. Leaving the room, you walked through the ship and found the man standing in front of the large viewing windows; nothing but dark space in front of him. Tugging your sweater close, you walked up behind him and slipped both hands around his waist. He tilted his head back and gave you an easy smile.

"I thought you were asleep," he said and you shrugged.

"I heard the music."

"Ah, sorry, about that that..."

"Don't worry about it," you murmured, pressing your forehead into his back. "I like this song. He is my favorite Beatle."

"Oh, come on, everyone knows Ringo's the best," Peter snorted and you laughed, kissing his shirt before turning him around to face you. He looked tired, but there was happiness in his eyes. A look of ease that made you want to smile until the moons all disappeared forever.

"Whatever you say, Peter. Just come to bed with me."

He lifted a hand to your face and brushed his thumb against your cheek. 'You know I love you right?"

"I had no clue," you teased.

Peter chuckled and leaned forward to press a gentle kiss onto your lips. "Just say it and I'll go to bed."

Your smile faded as you looked into his eyes. He needed to hear it, needed to feel it in the air, and you were glad to give it to him. Bringing a hand up to his neck, you massaged your fingers into his skin and sighed contently.

"I love you, Peter."