I put my lips into a straight line, knowing that he literally lied to her straight to her face. I wonder if he's good at lying because he can't see their faces upfront.

I'd be a good liar too if I didn't have to see peoples reactions to my words.

"Fine... I guess I'll see you there." She hissed, standing as she narrowed her eyes up onto me. I walked with her to the door as I opened it for her, but she just gave me the dirtiest look. Stomping off and I chuckle at her silliness, closing the door.

Glancing over at Rhett, he had his head drooping. His stick propped against the table and him avoiding looking at me altogether.

I grab a water bottle, walking around the couch as I sat beside him. Grabbing his hand as I rest the bottle in his, making him look at me as his lip trembled.

"I'm sorry for using you as an excuse to get out of a date with Lexi. That was very childish of me." He apologized, and I grin as I was guessing that was his way of saying he wasn't serious. "I should've told you beforehand, but she appeared out of nowhere and I didn't get the chance to explain it myself."

I wasn't really bothered by it, it actually didn't bother me at all. I found it kinda cute who adamant he was on not going with her.

...I can see why with how rude she is. Guess you don't need vision to see that.

"It's okay. I was glad to be of assistance to help you out of her persistence." I assure him.

"That rhymed..." He mumbled, drinking some water as he grinned. "I guess that was my pathetic way of asking you if you would be my date for the Masquerade. Before she beat me to it about the whole thing."

I raise my eyebrow, seeing him look at me as he waited. Having me confused especially since we don't know one another all that well, but not to mention I have a child and...I'm a man.

"If you want!" He suddenly gasps, his face becoming red as he looked away shyly. "I understand if you just want to go as friends too. I bet it's kinda weird..."

"Of course not. I have a son with a man, remember?" I remind him, and he flinches as he seems to remember. "What about him though?"

"He can come...I believe there's a playing area."

"I don't want to compromise my sons safety." I state, knowing he'd probably cling to me and when my son's scared I become nervous. Not to mention his...other dad wouldn't be that understanding with that.

"I understand... You don't have to come. I put myself in jeopardy putting your name in, so I'll handle the consequences. I don't want to hurt your son or meddle in your personal life so."

I smile, appreciating that... Making me want to help him, just because he was selfless in a way. He knew what he did was wrong and he wasn't trying to force me either... Not that that bothered me.

It was kinda cute.

"I'll go with you." I find myself saying, Rhetts face brightening as a smile began to grow on his face. "I'll work something out. As long as I'm able to put him down for bed and he doesn't see me leave, we'll be all good."

Rhett smiled, nodding happily as his fingers suddenly went in his hair.

"Well, when you see me I don't think my hair will look the same. The designer and stylist I chose for this said he had a 'vision' and it required major reconstruction of my exterior..." I snicker as he bites his lip. "I'm not really sure what he means, but he did say he would do something drastic to my hair. As long as I'm not bleach blond or have green hair, I am all in."

I nod, wondering how I was going to dress for this thing. If I really am going...how do all these A-listers dress...?

"Oh, here's a tip. Don't stress on the fancy stuff. Dress how you'd interpret an old-fashioned Yakuza guard would dress for his...leader." He stuttered, his cheeks pink and I grin.

"Okay, I will - no stress. I'm guessing I need to give you my address and phone number."

"Yes! Of course!" He exclaims excitedly, nodding.

I found myself chuckling whilst exchanging numbers with him, shocked that this was happening so fast. I just have to remember that this is just for fun. Not a real date or anything...

Once we finished he leaned into me, apologizing again and I told him it was fine. Though I will admit it'll be so hard trying not to get any feelings or misguidance from his kindness. Me, being already into him, will think he's flirting when he's just being kind.

Not that I can ever tell with him and his cuteness...

Until then, of course.

"Well, I can't wait to see what you'll look like." I say in excitement, making him chuckle.

"Can't wait to...imagine what you'll look like. You'll have to describe both of our outfits."

I nod, honored to be able to take that challenge.

"Of course, I'll try my best."

"I know you will." He murmurs, laying his head back on my shoulder.

_________________🫰

- yolo 🫶