zero | sad boy & lonely girl

( CHAPTER ZERO ! )

( CHAPTER ZERO ! )

" SAD BOY AND LONELY GIRL "

🌧️

[ 1971 ]

Aspen Martin was in an awfully good mood. The usual stoic expression on the little girl's face was gone, because today she had woken up feeling as if she was on the good side of luck, which was a rare occasion. There were no particular reason that she could pin point and link to her cheery mood, perhaps It was the weather, a sunny autumn day, but not so hot that she would sweat, she hated that. Perhaps it was the fact that she had get dressed to meet up with Sirius or perhaps it was the letter sent by her mother.

There was no reason to be shy about it: it was a great day, she had read her mother's letter again and had smiled through it all. And her mother had sent the things she had wished for, what more she could've want?

So, her curly hair was bouncing on her shoulders as she basically hopped while she walked to her meeting spot with Sirius, one of the benches near to the school entrance that got wider when people wanted to sit. It had been their spot since day one, even she complained about the sun being too bright at times, they clung to those benches for it was theirs.

"Goodmorning sad boy!" She lightly hit him in the head with the papers she was carrying, earning herself an annoyed groan that left it's place to a fond smile within a heartbeat. "You're not a sad boy anymore but first impressions stick I guess," she added quickly with a matching smile on her face.

Sirius Black rolled his eyes obnoxiouly, his head following his eyes' movements and his raven black hair fell over his face. "You're never going to let me off the hook, right? I didn't know I had signed up to this the first time we've met."

"The first time we've met, you were a sad boy, too scared to have a friend. Its a miracle you're in Gryffindor to be honest," she taunted but Sirius only raised his brows and didn't take the bait and started an argument. "Now you have a boyband of yours, those Gryffindors, and you're not a sad boy anymore."

"Are you jealous that you're not my only friend, lonely girl?"

Aspen snickered and let out a huff. "That Potter, he is a bit mean and Remus is a bit weird. Peter is okay I guess," she taunted once more. Trying to get a rise out of someone she loved was very amusing to her, Aspen was aware that Sirius had been becoming attached to his friends more and more each day. It was there, the spark in his eyes and passion behind his words when he talked about them, a funny thing Remus said, a wicked prank James pulled- Their names slipped more and more into their con versations and she was simply happy for him. For finding hiso own people so quickly, Aspen was not like that though, she could not just take big leap of faith into friendships just like that.

She had Sirius though, a boy who was too energetic for his own goofd, a it rebellious, a bit sad even after the tides had turned into his favor with his new friends. She had him, and she knew hm well, so she could see in his eyes that he was about to chime in and defend them with the endless passion of his. She grinnedand took pitty on him for the time being. "Fine, fine. I won't mock your boyfriends as long as you don't ditch your Ravenclaw friend over here."