Chapter 29

Ellie
28 weeks pregnant

I'm huge. I'm a house. Nothing fits apart from my maternity leggings and top,
"So Helen it's quite simple, just try and keep on top of all the paperwork and the orders and everything will be okay! I'm just on the end of the phone if you need anything okay!" I explained to Helen I've decided to let Helen take charge while I'm gone, she pretty much knows everything and she's been here since day one. Helen is just about to speak when my phone starts ringing.

It's my dad.. I usher Helen out my office.
"Hello daddy" I spoke cheerfully
"Hi pumpkin" he didn't sound right
"Dad what's wrong??" I question.
"Eleanore it's nana.. she's not good... the home just called me.. they don't think she will make it to the weekend." My heart stopped. My whole world fell from under me. I nearly dropped my phone. "I'm on my way to the hospital I need to be cleared to fly then I'm on the first flight there dad. I'll let you know" is all I said before I hung up.

"Harvey I'm on my way to the hospital meet me there" I quickly text Harvey. And shove my phone in my bag, running to my car I drive as fast as I can. When I arrive Harvey is at the front door waiting for me
"Ellie what's going on!!! I tried calling you!!" He almost shouted at me.

"Don't shout at me! My nana is dying Harvey i need to be cleared to fly I have to go today!" I shouted back at him, the tears that I've managed to hold in flooded out. His expression changed and he pulled me into him. We went inside and we were seen almost immediately.

"Miss Fox you are able to fly but unless you want to have your baby abroad you will need to fly back before your 36 weeks.. after that I can't allow you to fly" the doctor told me I simply nodded and thanked him before walking out and back to the car Harvey not far behind me.

"Ellie I'll drive, you book the flight, I'm coming with you" Harvey told me he wasn't giving me a choice he wasn't letting me face this alone. And I love him for it. The flights are booked for 9pm it's 2pm now. When we got back to the apartment we ran inside and packed as quickly as we could, the airport is a couple hours away.

Packing a small bag I'll buy stuff in England, I didn't want to wait for luggage. I can't describe the way I feel..
my nana has advanced dementia.. but this woman raised me. When my mother left she was always there for me. She became my mum.. she's the reason I went to business school and opened up my own company. I stood there and burst into tears again, I could feel my baby kicking reassuring me that everything will be okay.

Ray took us to the airport Harvey's hand never left mine. He upgraded us to first class, so we are sitting in the first class lounge just waiting to be called on.. it's going to be a long night.