"Look!" Susan screamed, "Just because some man in a red coat hands you swords doesn't make you heroes! Drop them!" 

"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam--Daughter of Narnia...I'm not going to wait forever, and neither is the river." Suddenly, as if tearing back a curtain, I remembered where we were. Looking at the frozen waterfall above us, I prayed it would hold just a minute longer.

"PETER! LARK!" Lucy screamed as the frozen waterfall started to unfreeze. Water began to spurt from a hole in the ice.

Suddenly, Peter lowered his sword. Confused, I looked at him. He didn't return the glance, he only screamed: "HOLD ON TO ME!" I grabbed onto his coat, tightening the grip I had on my sword.

Peter, that smart, smart man I thought as he grabbed Lucy by her coat plunged his sword into the ice, breaking us off from where the wolves stood.

After floating turbulently down the river rush, we landed on the shore. Getting off the ice block, we all immediately that Peter still had hold of Lucy's coat...but no Lucy.

I almost screamed.

"What have you done?" Susan screamed at Peter. I saw the hurt in his eyes.

"Lucy!" I called, "LUCY!"

"Has anyone seen my coat?" A voice from behind us said. I turned so quickly I felt dizzy.

There was Lucy.

Peter rushed to her, enveloping her in a hug. I grabbed her now snowy and soaked coat and threw it at them playfully.

"Your brother has you well looked after!" I joked.

Mrs. Beaver looked up.

"I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore. Your cloak neither, Lark, it is rather wet." Mrs. Beaver breathed, not looking away.

We all looked up, seeing something we never expected to see, at least not this soon.

We saw spring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edmund's POV:

We stopped at the waterfall. The ice had all melted, and I was grateful.

I didn't need any more cold in my life.

Suddenly, the wolves arrived. I glared at them, only to notice they were carrying a fox.

"We found the traitor," one of them growled. I flinched.

Traitor. That's what I was. Nothing but a traitor.

"Nice of you to drop by-" Jadis mused. How was she so casual about this-this---evil. "I understand you were helpful to my wolves last night."

"Forgive me, your majesty," the fox pleaded.

Helpful--with what?

"Don't waste my time with flattery, fox!" the witch spat.

"Forgive me for being rude, but I wasn't talking to you." The fox turned to me.

Me?

"Where is ASLAN? Answer me!" Screamed Jadis. She was about to stab the fox when--

"No! Wait! The beaver said something about the stone table!" The words fell out of my mouth before I could stop them. I saw the fox sadly shake his head.

"King Edmund, I do not approve of this, but--they are alive. All of 'em. Your family is alive." I gasped. The witch glared.

"A--and Lark? Is she--"