Chapter 3

[EDITED 8/24]

After lunch we went to our regular classes. Throughout all the classes I was primarily focused on the lessons. Sometimes my thoughts trailed to the absent person, and I don't know why.

P.E. was the worst. There's so much more motion and energy used in 8th grade. We had to do a diffrent series of warmups than in 6th grade and afterwards 5 laps around the gym plus 3 laps around the parking lot. It wasn't that safe. There were may rocks and uneven pavements in the road I'm pretty sure I almost tripped twice. Way different than 6th grade and probably less tiring in 7th. I was so glad that was the last class of the day.

After cooling down, I caught up to Jordin who was outside.

'Woah you okay?" she asks me.

"P.E." is the only thing I respond with. She nods knowing what I mean. She looks around and she spots her older brother.

"Well...I have to go. I'll text you." she tells me walking to him.

"Okay. See you tomorrow!" I respond.

I stand around for awhile, which is something I do sometimes.

"Hey Michaela," I turn around and it's Devin.

"Hey Devin."

"You know Trevor's staying home until bootcamp." he tells me, and I'm utterly confused.

"What? How do you know that?"

His eyes widen. "Oh...no one told you that. But I'll spare you the details." Boy am I stupid sometimes, especially in life situations and at the obvious.

"He must be preparing for bootcamp then."

"He probably is, considering he has competition." he laughs. Wow. I probably have a friend now. He checks the time on his phone.

"Well I'm gonna walk home now. What about you?"

"So should I." I started walking the direction to my house to figure out we were heading the same way. We laugh it off.

"Well I guess we're walking home together,"Devin says walking.

"Yup. So can you tell me more about Trevor?"

He contemplates before saying,"He's really loud and really really loves music. As far as I know, he can play piano." I nod my head as we reach my house.

"Well I'm home, I'll see you tomorrow!" I say before walking towards the door. He waves at me and I open the door with my key. I do my daily routine of going to my room to complete my homework.

After finishing the homework-which was pretty challenging to be honest- I stared at my song folder. I pulled it closer to me and scanned through the lyrics. My mind felt dead after finishing the homework, so nothing came to mind. It sucks not having any inspiration, especially since I've been working on this song for almost two and a half months now. To try to inspire myself, I got onto my bed and turned on my laptop. Once on, I went onto the internet and started looking at some song lyrics. I started going on YouTube and somehow I lead myself to watching Trevor's audition. Then I started replaying that for a solid 20 minutes. I watched some of the other auditions too along with the judges remarks.

If only I could audition.

I went back to listening to music. Surprisingly I stayed in my room the whole time before dinner. I didn't even know my dad was here.

After dinner I took a shower. Apparently I sang really loudly and my dad told me to shut up. I know he was joking, but I was a bit offended. I changed into my sweatpants and shirt before reading Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I would love a CD given to me the same way Owen gave a bunch to Annabel, especially the JUST LISTEN CD. I read six chapters before putting my bookmark in its place and going to bed.

-

A text from Jordin woke me up the next morning. It surprised me that she texted me 10 minutes before my alarm went off. 

From: BFF Jordin

APPARENTLY BOOTCAMP IS TONIGHT!!

I shook my head and silently screamed because that is like the scariest part of the X-Factor besides every result show and the finals. 

To: BFF Jordin

No way. Thanks for scaring me.

She probably won't respond until I walk with her to school. I check my schedule for today, and my last class is music. If you couldn't tell, I have a passion for music. 

The whole reason I post covers on Youtube.

The whole reason I started writing original music.

The whole reason I can play 5 instruments: guitar, piano, violin, trumpet and bass.

The whole reason I want, scratch that, need to audition for the X-Factor.

My whole life revolved around music and my education. Thank god my parents were supportive of the whole posting covers on Youtube and learning to play 5 instruments thing. 

I stop that deep thought and get out of bed. I don't mind getting up a bit earlier, though it is a struggle. I shower and change in the bathroom before eating my breakfast. Once I finish my breakfast and wash the dishes, I go back upstairs to grab my backpack. I go on my laptop and watch music videos. And again, my mind leads back to the X-Factor and the auditions.

Why can't I get that out of my head?