Chapter Five

Bella called Reagan asking if she wanted to go on a walk together of course she had said yes

So here Reagan was following Bella into the forest.

" How are you Bella we barely talk as much." Reagan asked the girl.

" I'm dealing with it, but I'm sorry I've been hanging out with Jacob a lot lately."

A path of hurt hit Reagan's heart.

" Here I wanted to show you this." Bella declared as they walked into a meadow filled with flowers.

" This was our spot we'd sit and talk for hours." Bella explained.

" It's beautiful."

Reagan's nose twitched at the smell of a vampire came near them.

Reagan stepped in front of Bella as a dark skinned vampire came out of the woods.

She growled at him.

" Laurent?" Bella asked confused

" Bella."

" Laurent!" She shouted.

" Who the f-" Reagan started but was cut off.

" I must admit, I didn't expect to find you two here." Laurent said to the girls.

" You were looking for me?" Reagan asked.

" I live here. But you- I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend." Bella said confused.

" Tanya, I was. It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria. "The Enemy"." He declared.

" And you I can smell you from here you dirty mutt." He snarled at Reagan as she growled back.

" You tried to help us." Bella said getting more and more confused as the conversation progressed.

Laurent started to walk slowly around the girl his eyes never leaving them.

" I went to visit the Cullen's, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?" He asked with a smirk trying to get under her skin.

" And you mutt. Are you some lap dog now?" He mocked Reagan.

" No and they don't leave her unprotected." She growled at the bloodsucker.

Fear was radiating off of Bella.

" Um..something like that." She muttered.

" Do the Cullen's visit often?" He asked

" I'll be sure to let you know next they stop by now bye." Reagan sassed.

Laurent raced over threw her into a tree.

" Learn some manners mutt." He snarled holding his foot on her neck.

Bella saw visions of Edward telling her what to do.