Sophiea looked at the fretting man next to her. "It's ok."

"Is it really? Are you sure?"

She answered by crashing her lips on his. A hesitant hand found its way to her hip and pulled her closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, fire and electricity flowing through her veins.

"Kiss me longer." She murmured as he pulled away.

"We'll be there any second though." Sure enough, as he spoke the doors opened to show the party.

They could hear Clint say, "It's a trick man. I've seen this before. It's a trick." Sophiea had to giggle to herself, of course he would say that. He practically grew up in a circus. Sitting on the couches, members of her family were struggling to lift her dad's hammer.

Tasha looked up and raised her glass to the couple who walked into the contest. "You two look wet and cold. Wanna go get changed or something?"

"I'm good." Nathanial said, but then quickly looked to Sopheia. "You can go get changed if you want. I'll be here."

"I'll stay too. So, what are we doing? Proving everyone's unworthiness?" she sat down on the couch and Nathanial found his place next to her.

"Laugh all you want Sopheia." Tony grumbled. "No one's got it so far. You and your date should go."

"You know I can lift the hammer, I did it just the other day. Mew Mew likes me. But Nat can try if he wants."

"Tis' a great idea daughter!" Thor cried. "If he be worthy to lift the hammer, he is worthy enough to court you."

Nathanial looked at Sopheia in fear and she gave him an encouraging nod. "You can do it. It'll be fine."

"Ok." He stood up, brushed his pants off and made his way to the head of the table. "I mean, if Captain freaking America couldn't lift it, then why am I even trying?"

"Because we want to see if you are worthy to date Sophiea!" Eve cheered from her spot between her parents.

"I thought you would be on my team." Nathanial said as he grabbed the handle.

Sophiea held her breath.

Nathanial pulled with all his might, and the hammer flew off the table with the force. It hit the young man in the face, and he stumbled backwards, wincing in pain. He held his nose as it began to bleed.

"Oh my! Are you ok?" Sophiea shouted as she shot to her feet, rushing over to care for him.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. It was lighter than I expected though."

They turned to see the other avengers in open mouth shock, spluttering incoherently.

"Yeah!" Eve called. "That's my brother y'all! The one worthy to rule Asgard."

"But I don't want to rule Asgard."

Thor stood up and shook his hand. "Congrats. You are more than worthy to date my daughter. Sophiea, is that good with you?"

"Yes." She grinned and pulled his face to hers, kissing him firmly on the lips. "Yes. I'm good with him dating me, but only if he's good for being stuck with me."

"I'd be stuck with you any dang day Sophiea."

"Then it's official, I'm shipping you two and you can't stop me." Eve laughed. The sound bubbling from her was contagious and soon the whole group was laughing along with her as the couple took their seats on the couch.

The laughter didn't stop as the Avengers started telling stories to the teens, each more outrageous than the one before.

"Steve, I know for a fact you did not fight Nazi dinosaurs." Tony laughed while taking another sip of his drink.

Sophiea put a hand to her forehead and winced. Nathanial squeezed her hand. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. My head just started to hurt. I probably just need some water."

"I can go get some for you." He offered, getting ready to stand. Sophiea put a hand on his knee.

"I'm good I'm sure it will pass-" Suddenly, it felt as if Sophiea's head was spilt open. She yelped in pain and fell to her knees. Everyone was going blurry around her and it was becoming difficult to see their figures.

"Sophiea!" someone called, and she felt a soft hand on her back. "Sophiea. What's wrong?" The voice faded in and out, she was beginning to only hear every few words. Suddenly there was a screech of metal and the comforting hand on her back was gone. More blurry figures filled her vison and another wave of pain came over her.

She fought to keep her eyes open and found herself alone on the couches. She grabbed Tony's drink and stumbled to where the fighting sounded like it was coming from.

She made her way to behind one of the... "Robots?" Her voice seemed distant to even her.

She saw Nathanial look up at her worriedly. He yelled something to her but all she could make out was the faint movement of his lips. 'Take cover. Don't fight."

In response she dumped the drink on the robot he was fighting. It started to spark and smoke as the liquid touched loose wires.

She whirled, smashing the bottle into the bot behind her, effectively knocking it down. She brushed her hands off, the pounding in her skull starting to ebb now that the danger was gone.

"I can handle myself Nathanial."

"Look out!" He screamed, but too late.

An object crashed into the back of her head and she fell to the ground as everything went black.