Chapter 1

-May 14, 1998-

A figure crept down the dark empty hallways of the palace. His long black cloak helped him stay out of sight when a lone guard or servant passed. Once out the large front door he quickly headed to the stables where his horse Midnight sat waiting. The figure hopped on and horse and rider charged up the long, glowing, multi-colored bridge. He jumped off Midnight and ran to the gate keeper.

"Heimdall open the Bifrost!" The man's voice was deep and broken.

"Prince Loki, you know what has happened. You cannot change it."

"I know. I felt it the moment they found her. Now let. Me. Through." Loki growled

Very slowly Heimdall opened the way to earth "Listen, Loki you might not know the enormity of what has happened, you might not like what you see." And with that last warning Loki fell to earth.

....

Loki got to his feet groaning, and looked up at the building in front of him. Heimdall knew what he was doing. Fingering his visitor's ID, he walked through the doors of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s New York headquarters. Once inside he took off at a run.

Left, left, right, straight, left.

Before he knew it, he was there.

The courtroom.

He slowly slid through the double doors and took a seat near the back of the room.

"Kaitia Sophiea Micholls," Nick Fury started before the woman in front of him muttered something. "If you are going to say something Speak UP!" The director was trying to keep his cool.

"Odinson." The woman, Kaitia, replied coolly. "My name is Kaitia Sophiea Odinson." Loki smiled and twisted the gold band on his left ring finger.

Fury sighed but continued anyways, "Mrs. Odinson, has committed treason." Gasps were heard throughout the room, and Loki's mind started to whirl. Heimdall was right this is not what he had been expecting, he knew it wasn't true.

Their secret was hidden elsewhere.

Fury cleared his through and the room fell into an uneasy silence. "By leaking information from S.H.I.E.L.D. to our enemies." Kaitia stared up at him, mouth agape, but Fury would look anywhere but her eyes. His voice was quiet yet the whole room could hear him. "the board of directors has gone over all the evidence and voted. Miss. Odinson has been sentenced," His voice was a whisper.

"to death."

Fury turned to Kaitia who's eyes and mouth were wide open. "You have 10 minutes." Everyone slowly shuffled out of the room, until Loki was the only one left.

He stood up, walked toward her, and placed his hands on her shoulders. She turned and fell into his embrace. And sobbed. Loki just stood there and held on to his Kaitia.

"I-I d-didn't do I-it." Kaitia stuttered through her tears. "I-I s-swear I didn't!" Loki looked into her eyes, and then leaned over and kissed her. Kaitia visibly relaxed.

"I know you didn't, darling." Loki's voice cracked, and his eyes welled up with tears, he hated seeing his wife in pain.

"Don't leave me." Kaitia whispered.

"I won't" he whispered back "I promised remember, 'as long as you both shall live.' I promised to never leave you."

She stood on tip-toes and kissed him. He put his hand around her waist and grasped her right-hand with his left and kissed her back.

Their perfect moment was ruined when someone coughed from behind them. Loki and Kaitia whirled, still holding hands, to face a Phil Coulson with slightly red cheeks.

"Don't mind me, just here to tell you that you have three minutes left." He said very awkwardly.

"You are agent Coulson, are you not?" Loki demanded. He was answered with a quick 'yes'. "Then you will know who the people who sentenced my beautiful wife to death are."

"Wait, YOU'RE MARRIED!?!?" Coulson gasped. Kaitia nodded, clutching her husband's hand. "I did not see that coming!" He looked at Loki and then flinched at the death glare he was receiving from the tall dark-haired man. "The board of directors is a group of 85 people whom collectively run S.H.I.E.L.D. They have looked over every little piece of evidence trying to prove Kaitia innocent, but you just disappeared for 7 months and all the evidence points to you."

Loki stared at his lovely wife his eyes full of pain and love. "There is truly no way to save her?"

"No. Once the board made its decision it was unchangeable." Coulson softly replied, "I'm sorry."

Slowly a few people came wandering back in. Loki's hand was starting to sweat, and his pulse was starting to race.

Kaitia squeezed his hand and he looked down at her. She seemed so calm, unlike him who was an emotional mess, but he guessed that's what happens when you are a hardened S.H.I.E.L.D agent. You learn to hide your emotions from the world.

2 men came in with a covered cart, they took Kaitia and dragged her to a chair, securing her hands to the sides. Loki came and kneeled in front of her, placing his forehead on her knees.

"I love you sweetheart." He whispered. Only he could hear her short reply of "I love you more." Before one of the men who came in with the cart pulled out a syringe with some clear liquid in it and injected Kaitia.

She laughed worriedly. "That wasn't so bad."

They looked at her, sorrowful. "It's a numbing agent."

"Oh." She was injected once again. After a moment her eyes watered. She seemed like she wanted to scream, to cry. Her jaw clenched, and her eyes fluttered shut.

A hot bubble of pain built up in his chest and Loki let out guttural sob. He reached for her, he wanted to hold her, one last time, but something held him back.

Someone was pulling him away from his love. No matter how hard he strained he couldn't break away, he couldn't.

So instead he ran.

He ran through the building, out the door, and down the long street of New York.

He ran to a lonely apartment before he collapsed into a black arm chair. He sat there with his head in his hands sobbing.

Then Loki stood and walked into a nursery. The walls were light green, and, in the crib, there was a new-born baby. Hardly a week old. Loki picked up the small child and kissed her forehead.

"Mommy is gone Sophiea." His voice cracked. "Mommy is gone, she is in Valhalla now. She is in Valhalla with Grammie and Gramps." A tear splashed onto the child's cheeks, Loki gently brushed them away.

"I'm sorry little Tika, my little flower."

He held tightly to the small girl as he made his way to Asgard through the Bifrost. Ignoring Heimdall's questioning stare, he held her tight until they reached a room made just for the baby, Sophiea. He laid her down in a crib. Then he walked away, swearing revenge on the people who killed his wife.