Title your Story Part

Im in a bright lit room and I can't see properly because it's so bright and it smells so sterile here, but every so often the light flickers. When it does I can see a girl laying on a hospital bed. She's absolutely beautiful, her eyes are hazel like my own but hers are burning bright.

Suddenly she closes her eyes and looks so content. So peaceful. She looks in a world of her own, but within seconds she looks like death is about to claim her. Her eyes look deep and sunken and her lips look pale and chapped. ,she looks so fragile and thin, like if I were to touch her she'd shatter into a million pieces.

I manage to see her wrist and there's an assortment of needles sticking out of it that are linked to a range of transfusion bags.

I can see something hanging loosely around one of her thin fingers. Not a wedding ring, but a promise ring.

The room gets brighter and brighter and as it does her heart monitor becomes slower and slower until I can't even open my eyes at all. All I hear is the flatline of the monitor.

Suddenly the rooms lighting becomes dimmer and dimmer and I can hear the heart monitor start against. She's alive?

The scent is not sterile like before but now like rotting flesh, and blood. I open my eyes and see her unnaturally regaining health. Her skin has gone from deathly pale to an olive tone. Her lips look more plump and pink and her hair has gone from a dark brown to a light mousy colour.

Without opening her eyes she rips the needles from here wrist and an alarm goes off.

She gets up and walks so she's standing right in front of me and opens her eyes. I'm shocked to see they're both lifeless and grey. The room becomes so dark I can't see her any more, all I feel is a tight grip around my throat. It lifts me up in the air and I begin to suffocate.

Suddenly flames start spewing from the bed she once lay in and I can now, still quite poorly, see who's holding me up by my throat? Her?!

She points with her free hand to the flames and posts shoot up from them. Tied to the posts are all my loved ones and I can do nothing but watch as they burn to death. There burnt flesh hangs loosely from their skeletons and there screams die down. I look away and see tears clouding the girls vision.

"Why are you doing this!" I cried as tears fell from my own eyes.

"I'm not doing this, this is your own doing. You made me do this you monster! This is your dream!" She cries in the voice of a hundred demons.

She squeezes harder around my throat until my last breath leaves my lungs. She drops me to the floor and I land with a rather loud thud.

"Wake up!" A voice screams from the sky. I know that voice. But I can't respond, I can't ever wake up, because I'm paralysed.

By now I can hardly see, I'm barely peaking through my eyelashes. The girl kneels before my dead body and pulls the promise ring off her finger, "you promised me!" She cried . She throws it at me and slithers off into the darkness leaving my corpse
to burn.