After all, he was now just someone from your 'past' only.

Mo Sheng misunderstood his words completely. She probably thought Ying Hui meant her ex-boyfriend was unlucky because he chose her, so she felt upset and said: "I'm not so bad......"

Ying Hui did not explain himself. He quickly walked up to his study but has no mood to do anything.

Having seen that name, it seemed as if he began to see the name everywhere.

From that day onward......

From time to time, Mo Sheng will absent-mindedly call that name –– He Yi Chen.

When Mo Sheng was inexplicably feeling happy, she'll smile and call He Yi Chen.

When Mo Sheng was suddenly feeling lonely, she'll call He Yi Chen.

......

Mo Sheng began to frequently mention that name to Ying Hui, as if she finally found someone to talk to about that person.

That person is very intelligent.

That person is very capable.

......

Of course, Ying Hui was impatient.

But when he saw the grievance and loneliness in her eyes whenever she mentioned that person, he did not have the heart to be impatient.

His heart also felt a kind of unknown pain.

Previously, when Ying Hui knew Mo Sheng thought of him as a brother figure, he was not bothered. It was because he was confident that no one more outstanding than him will appear in her life, so he'll take it slowly. However, that feeling has now gone, as he can clearly feel a frozen wall was erected in Mo Sheng's heart. That frozen wall will block out all the ambiguous stuff.

Perhaps all he can ever be will be a brother figure only.

Ying Hui began to feel impatient.

So what happened that night, he did not know if it was from his suppressed emotions or a momentary loss of control.

That day, he drank a lot while socializing outside and was drunk when he arrived home. Mo Sheng took care of him in a flurry.

Ying Hui did not know if he was drunk or sober. If drunk, how could he still remember all the details clearly. If sober, why did he not reign in his emotions like before......

Seemingly half drunk half sober, he pressed himself on top of Mo Sheng......

When he woke up, it was already morning.

The moment he regained his consciousness, he rushed downstairs.

The lights were not on in the living room which was in complete darkness.

He vaguely saw Mo Sheng sitting on the sofa, two arms hugging her knees and her head bent down.

Ying Hui felt he had seen this mentioned somewhere before that when people suffer great harm, they would subconsciously sit in that position like a baby in the mother's womb because of the lack of a sense of security.

His hand wanted to turn on the light switch but stopped.

Mo Sheng suddenly spoke in a weak voice: "Ying Hui, did you...... pretend I'm her?"

Ying Hui was dazed for a moment before he realized who the "she" Mo Sheng referred to.

It was his ex-girlfriend.

He seemed to mention about his ex-girlfriend only once and he could not really remember what he had said. She probably thought...... he still thinks of her, still loves his ex-girlfriend?