Chapter Thirtytwo

Start from the beginning

My father's side of the family extends considerably, plus much of the town's people will be here since my mother likes to be socially popular. The holiday is two days away, but my father insisted on having family stay over in our guest rooms. Our house isn't very large, so figure we'd be up each other's asses all day. I have to share my bedroom with Mia.

Emily ignored the topic of sex and stared over at Lenny. "Your cousin's a fucking pervert."

I laughed. "I know." We both watched him scroll through his phone, oblivious that we could see he was scrolling through pictures of naked girls or ones in lingerie. Typical sixteen year-old boy.

But I mean my boyfriend has magazines underneath his bed, to which he openly admits he won't open ever again now that he has me. This kind of entertainment for boys doesn't surprise me, honestly. If I called Harry a boy, however, he'd go to extents showing me how he isn't a 'boy'.

Lenny's kind of that kid at school who draws on himself with a pen, sits by himself all the time, and gets boners from girls jogging in P.E class. I honestly find him very strange, especially because he usually stares at my chest when I'm trying to make conversation with him. Just today when they first arrived, I went to hug him and his hands went too far down south to my ass.

"How does he just sit there? No shame at all?" I laughed quietly, shaking my head.

Emily shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know," she muttered. "But anyways, Clary told me to give you something...? At first I thought she was crazy but..."

I frowned slightly. "Give me what?"

"Birth control pills?" Emily whispered, glancing around us. My eyes instantly widened. For what reason would Clary want me to have birth control pills? "Yeah, I know. I thought the same." Emily saw through my stunned expression, both of us surely coming to the conclusion that Clary was out of her wits at the moment.

"What the hell?" I murmured to myself. "Is this one of her little jokes?"

"No. I'm pretty sure she was a little serious considering she gave me the container with all the pills inside."

This was actually very concerning. Clary was giving me birth control pills, actual ones. The pills were inside, ready to be swallowed. I didn't understand why in the world she'd tell Emily to give me the pills. "Where are they right now?" I asked.

"In my bag. Do you want them? I mean, is there something you're not telling me Serenity? You and Harry having sex isn't like anything surprising. You don't have to hide it from me---"

"No. We haven't yet." I assured her, seeing as she wasn't really fazed by this. She understands I'm trying to take things slower than usual. "I'm just wondering why Clary's giving me them. We haven't spoken since the Burger King accident."

It's definitely very weird to be handed medicine without a given word. I don't understand Clary's signals most of the time. This could be a sick joke of hers, but usually she doesn't take them so far as to getting something like birth control pills. Better yet wasting her money on things she doesn't want for herself.

Herself.

"What if they're for her?" I inquired, staring ahead at the group of my family members gathered in our yard, cleaning the grill we'll be using. "Did she say anything else?" I turned to look at Emily who was already gazing over at me.

She shrugged. "Not really. She just handed me them and sort of bluntly just said give them to Serenity."

My nose scrunched up in confusion. "I don't understand. That's a little random..."

"But if anything they will come in handy whenever you do decide to go down that road with Harry," she winked, nudging me with her shoulder. A smile pulled at my lips, although finding her teasing amusing, I rolled my eyes and slapped her touch away from me.