Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

  "Isn't that the start of every horror movie?" murmurs Tokoyami. "I mean, honestly, people start watching more and learning from them."

That relieves that small bit of tension. Midoriya smiles and chuckles with a shrug. He wipes the smile off and gets back into his more serious mood. "As they were setting things up, the youngest daughter, who was around five at the time, had wandered off. Her excuse was that the fairies were leading her somewhere. Yeah, she was looked at the same way, but keep in mind, she was only five. The mother had told her husband to watch after the baby and let the oldest handle everything else. Of course, the husband doesn't really trust his daughter to fix up the tent and places the baby in his carrier."

"Wait, so they left the baby unattended? That isn't a proper way to care for a child!"

"Iida, chill. He probably thought that it wouldn't take long," defends Kaminari. "Carry on, Midori."

"The father told his daughter to get some wood for the fire they were going to have. According to the daughter, she wasn't gone for five minutes when she began to hear whispering. At first, she believed that she was just hearing things and nothing was wrong. That wasn't until ten minutes after she left to gather wood did the whispering turn to screaming. Screams so harsh and loud, that can hurt your throat even if you're not the one doing it. In her words she said, 'Once the screaming began, I believed I must've stepped through the gates of Hell. The screams were of people being tortured and forced to do things they hadn't no want to do. For a second, it fell silent before it started up again, this time I could hear gagging and coughing, people heaving and vomiting. For a moment I felt sick to my stomach and believed my mind to be playing tricks on me.' She had turned around and then started screaming herself. 'Bodies littered the ground, blood and intestines all around me. I watched as a black figure ripped apart flesh and tore out the bones.'"

Some of the girls scoot closer to each other or scoot away from Midoriya.

One of the guys have their ears covered at such a description.

Bakugou is frowning, keeping silent as he pictures it. He lets Midoriya carry on, not once interrupting him.

Tokoyami doesn't know how to feel about this. Dark Shadow is cowering behind him, not liking this one bit.

"She said that she doesn't remember passing out but when she came to, it was night and she was alone. She gathered herself up, the wood forgotten and she went back to her family's campsite. Her mother was screaming and crying as her younger sister was sitting away, concern on her face. When she spoke up, she found out that her baby brother had been taken. Her father was out looking for him. She wasn't even questioned about her long disappearance."

"Wait, was she hallucinating or something?" questions Sero. He tries to keep his voice from shaking but he fails.

Midoriya blinks, looking around and seeing some of them huddling near each other. "Or something. I'll get to that later." He clears his throat. He meets Todoroki's gaze, seeing the slight expression in them. He gives them all a reassuring smile but people shiver slightly. "The father came back late at night, the fire lit after the daughter went to grab a few twigs. They decided to burn some of their garbage to keep the fire burning. The youngest daughter didn't say anything, worried for her mother who wouldn't stop crying. She murmured something about the fairies, but the fifteen year old told her to not say anything else.

"The next morning, they decided to leave, to call the police and the rangers and report the disappearance. It took a day for them to find the body—or what was left of it. One arm was missing, the stomach cut up with the long intestine out and wrapped around the baby's throat. The cause of death was a blow to the head. Everything else done to him was post mortem or by the animals." He moves his attention to the ground. "The killer stayed within the age between a year to ten years old after that. After they closed it off to campers, she moved to killing anyone who she could. Nearly around thirty bodies had been found at that time."