"Okay, I deserved that," he acknowledged, having accepted his cruel behaviour and been consumed with guilt on the car ride over.

"Just get out Steve," Ringo demanded, pointing towards the adjacent door again. "I don't want, or need, slut shaming assholes who won't make it past high school in my room."

Steve's expression faltered at that, gulping harshly, he felt truly offended by her words. It had been so long since she had looked at him with such contempt, he began to worry that their friendship wasn't salvageable at all.

"Do you really believe that?" He whispered, one of his worst fears coming to bite him in the form of her words. Picking up on his offence, Ringo paused, eyes narrowing in on his face. She looked ready to soften her approach, but instantly snapped out of it with  a shake of her head.

"Why do you always care about what I think?" She hissed.

"Because I care about you."

This made her stop again, her mouth opening and closing like a fish. Ringo blinked rapidly, suddenly feeling at a loss for words. He would have laughed, had the situation not been so desperate. 

"You also care about Nancy, and look what happened there," she pointed out.

"I know. And I really regret it, okay? I like Nancy, and I shouldn't have let Tommy say those things, because I've seen first hand with you how damaging that kind of shame can be. Can't you see Ringo?" He pleaded, tossing the plastic bag onto her bed. "I haven't even known you long and you're one of the best friends I've ever had, because you're honest with me. And you keep me in line. I mean, fuck, I haven't even laughed as much in a long time as I do when I'm around you. Please don't throw that away."

"I didn't do anything," she denied quietly, her voice and demeanour noticeably quieter and calmer.

"Look," he began again, reaching for the bag on the bed and slowly holding it toward her. "You don't strike me as the type of girl to forgive someone because they buy her stuff, but either way, I want you to have this."

Her expression twisted in disagreement, not wanting to accept the gift at all. But curiosity got the better of her, and Ringo couldn't  help but peer into the bag. At the sight of a vinyl inside, her heart leapt inside her chest. Her eyes glanced up to Steve's as she reached her hand in, pulling out the very thing she had been searching for, for half her life.

"Oh my god," she mumbled, tossing the now empty bag down to run her fingers over the cover, almost as if making sure it was real. He had rendered her absolutely speechless once again. "Where did you get it?"

"Well, after the last visit, I went into the store again the next day and asked the manager to specially order it in. It arrived today.." he trailed off awkwardly, feeling stupid now for making the effort at all if she as going to hate him.

"I know I'm mad at you but..." her voice cut off as she suddenly started to squeal with excitement, literally jumping up and down on the spot. The brightest smile he had ever seen on anyone stretched across her face, which instantly made his heart soar.

"You're not cursed after all," he remarked with the smallest of smiles, causing her gaze to lift back up to him.

In the second it took her to calm down, Ringo had an internal debate with herself. On one hand, what Steve done was despicable. The stuff of bullies and assholes and everyone she hated in the world. On the other, he was clearly regretful of his actions. Steve was right about one thing, she wouldn't readily forgive for presents. But this wasn't just a gift, it was a true act of kindness on his behalf.