Chapter 1

As I made my way to my locker and put in my combination, I smelt the familiar scent of cherry blossom perfume and vanilla cupcake lipgloss. Jacelynn's familiar laugh sounded behind me as she walked passed with her usual group of friends. Her long, brown ombré curls bouncing behind her and her light hazel eyes bright everyday.

If perfect was possible, it would surely be called Jacelynn Santiago. She made her way over to her boyfriend, Jack Summers.There's always talk about them because their first name starts with "J" and their last name with "s" and that both of their family's are super rich, owning their own businesses. Not to mention they being popular and really smart and all that crap so basically, it's like fate, right?

I rolled my eyes and went into my first class as they snogged in the hallway. You have no idea how many times I've imagined me in his place. But then again, I'm wishing for the inevitable.

******

I sat at the back of the class right next to Jacelynn. Of course, this being my favorite class. Not that I talk to her anyways. If anything, I'm a coward. All through elementary, middle school and now, I've never had the courage to talk to Jacelynn Santiago.

"Everyone get in and sit down let's go!" Mr. Wellis yelled at the lingering students in the hall.

"Seems like Mr. Wellis forgot to take his meds today" Jacelynn giggled to one of the "popular" girls who agreed. Mr. Wellis was a very open person and told us pretty much every aspect of his life. Not like we cared anyways. He once gave a whole lesson on himself and his dumb pills for anger relief or something. And like I said, not that we care.

I unintentionally smiled at her as she met my gaze and returned my gesture before opening up her bright pink notepad and writing down the assignment with her bright pink fuzzy pen. I guess I was out of space because it took me a minute to realize that everyone's eyes were on me.

"Hey, the teacher asked you a question dumbass" Mark Hernandes stated as the room burst into a fit of laughter. If I could die of embarrassment, trust me, I would have a long time ago.

"Tyler Hills, this is not your bedroom. Wake up from your little fantasies or else I'll remove you to the front" he leered at me.

"Sorry sir" I mumbled as the laughter sounded around me.

********

Jacelynn's POV

After class, I quickly packed my bag determined to talk to Tyler. It's not the first time I caught him looking at me.

As I followed him out the door, I was about to call his name when my two besties jumped in front of me, Carlene and Sammi. Those two were always on my left and right.

"Omigod Jacie, we totally heard about what happened in first period!" Carlene squealed.

"God, how fast does word travel in this school?" I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"I think he has a crush on you Jacelynn" Sammi stated as we rounded the corner.

"As if and besides, I have Jack" I slightly smiled. I caught Tyler ahead of us talking to someone as he flipped his brown hair out of his bright brown eyes. I can't and I won't even deny that he was cute...okay he was hot. And coming from me but I am dating the hottest guy in school and have everything I could ever ask for...

Tyler was a nice kid and all, even though he doesn't have many friends. He is also very iscolated and doesn't talk much. And I know he hates when people bring up the accident a few years back. But that must have been a traumatizing experience I suppose by an eleven year old. He and his parents are lucky to have survived something like that.

How do I know this?

My parents have known his parents and I over heard all of them talking about it one night. I wasn't really supposed to hear why but ya know...happened.

"Hello, Jacie?" Sammi waved her hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked snapping back into reality.

"Do you still want to go with us to Perkins after school?" Carlene asked curiously.

"Yeah duh why wouldn't I? It's kinda like our thing" I stated matter-of-factly.

"Alright- oh! Man candy 9:00" Carlene giggled. I rolled my eyes and smiled before waving them goodbye as familiar arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey babe" I turned to see a smiling Jack, returning the gesture before leaning up and giving him a kiss.

"Let's go the bell is going to ring" I smiled and we walked to our next class hand in hand. I couldn't help but think of Tyler who seemed to look at me with...sad eyes? He looked down before he turned and wheeled himself down the empty hallway opposite of us. Does Tyler...feel something for me?