Chapter 2 ~ On the road!

When we made it out from the woods, we saw a male armadillo. He seemed to be talking with the other mammals. He spotted us and fled. But... Ellie, Crash and Eddie were officially, hiding. I saw Crash and Eddie escape their camouflage, that was in a bush, and climbed up a tree, looking around.
Eddie whistled, and I saw Ellie look up and sneak towards them with her somewhat camouflage. It didn't work, since she's much more bigger than Eddie and Crash are. I saw Manny look at them as well. Ellie panicked and quickly hid behind a thick tree, yeah.. you can guess that it didn't hide her, much. I face palmed. "Ohh, We'll never make it at this pace!" Manny said quite annoyingly. I saw from the corner of my eye, that Diego stood next to me. Which, I didn't mind at all.

"Ellie, it's OK! You can lose the camouflage!" Manny called out to her.

"Okay!" I heard her call back, as she waved her trunk at us. 

But I did hear her mumble something. I see her look above her, where her 'brothers' are at. And she was speaking to them, probably telling them that they are safe, but also probably scolding them, because they looked like they were fighting. We were about to start moving again, but then Crash and Eddie yelled out; "Hawk!!!" In sync, alarmed, which alarmed Ellie as well.

They started to panic and run, when they dropped on the ground acting 'dead'. There was a big thud, which was caused by Ellie who did the same as Eddie and Crash. We started to walk up to the scene. I was a bit embarrassed, since my close friends are acting stupid. I sat down, which Diego followed the lead and sat down besides me aswell. He was much more taller then me, I kinda reach his chest. And his front fangs are much more longer and sharper than mine are. Also my ears seems to be abit larger than his are. Im one of the rare kinds of Saber Tooth Tigers. "...what are you doing?" I heard Manny finally ask Ellie.

"Playing dead!" She mumbled from the side of her mouth, trying to sound quite, to not catch the attention of the Hawk.

Sid came up to Manny and stood beside him, with a smile "Hey, Manny, why don't you do that?" Sid asked dumbly.

Oh brother.. I shook my head at his stupidity. 

"Because, im a Mammoth!" Manny snapped at him, which caused him to jump in shock and fear.

"But you do it for treats, right?" He asked.

Manny looked like he was about to smack him, when I spoke up. "I got it." And smacked him round the head. 

Manny looked at me thankfully, I nodded as a response with a small smile.

"Is he gone now?" Ellie asked suddenly.

We looked into the sky, seeing the Hawk flying away.

"You're safe! Get up," Manny replied, quite bordly and lazily.

The three started to get up. "Phew! Man!, if you weren't here, that hawk would have swooped down, and snatched me up for dinner! Thats how Cousin Wilson went!" Ellie explained.

Since we were all the way left behind, I decided to do a little game. "Well, you know that we are left behind, so.." I started as they saw me slowly walk away.

"Bye!" I winked and started to run away while laughing.

I heard silence when finally, "KITTY!!!!!!!" I heard them shout, I bet they were running after me now.

I got on the right road and started to sprint. I was laughing really hard, but managed to focus on not falling. 

After a while of running I finally stopped, letting others catch up to me. 

"Never, I mean never do that again, sister!" Crash stated, in a exhausted voice.

"Hehe, alright~" I cheekily replied with a grin.

Manny finally went forward and started to lead again, with Ellie by his side and Crash and Eddie following.

"W-why did you run?! Oof im so exhausted!" Sid complained as he tried to not fall.

I started to laugh at him. "Just to do a little run, so we dont fall behind any longer~" I playfully stated.

I giggled softly, "You're a fast runner, you know?" Diego told me as he walked beside me.

"Thanks~ I saw from behind that you were catching up pretty quickly, I have to say that your pretty fast yourself." I replied with a smile.

He smiled in return, for the rest of the walk, we talked to each other and got to know each other. I have to admit, that I think that Diego and me are really close, and it's only been few hours since we've met. Im pretty happy to have him as a friend. I wonder what's going to happen next during our walk towards the safe boat. And if we're going to survive..

Edited: 01/02/2021