Chapter Forty Eight- Did You Forget My Bestfriend?

Mulai dari awal

"I hope you all like it, I tried my hardest" My Mom says as she raises her glass of wine. I pick up my glass of water as everyone else does the same thanking my Mom and complimenting her spread. To say this dinner was awkward was a complete understatement. I literally wanted to crawl up in ball and die. I couldn't imagine how Harry felt. I could tell he was off because he was quiet. He hadn't spoken a word since he thanked my parents for the dinner. I felt bad. I knew Jade did too. Klaus wasn't even looking up from the table and Harry was doing everything he could to avoid him too. I placed my hand on Harry's thigh under the table reassuringly causing him to glance at me, I smile at him sympathetically and he does the same.

"So Jade anymore news about the baby?" My Mom asks Jade as she moves on from her conversation with Amelia about her new job as a manager. Amelia was amazing, I really liked her and I could tell the rest of my family did too.

"Um no, I have a scan in two weeks which we are able to find out the babies gender-"

"That's amazing sweetheart, do you want to what it is?" My Dad smiles at her as do I making her cheeks warm up a little. I knew Jade would be a great Mom. I just couldn't be happier for her right now, we were in a good place and I was happy.

"Uh we haven't really talked about it yet" She says awkwardly as she looks down at her plate. My eyes glance over to Klaus who doesn't even engage in the conversation at all as he stares down at his plate. I could tell he was angry because he was quiet. He was really angry and that was the worrying part. Klaus usually shouted and screamed when he was angry but when he was fuming he would go quiet and then explode after a while and I knew that was probably what we were gonna get. I think Harry knew that exact same thing.

"I think surprises are much better it makes your pregnancy seem all the more exciting you know?" My Mom says and Jade nods.

"I can imagine" she smiles back at her as the conversation dies down for a second.

"So Amy, how is your job at the bar going?" My Dad asks me.

"Oh it's good" I reply briefly.

"Do you still have time to hang out with your friends and stuff?" My Mom asks and I nod.

"Oh yeah, my shifts are good so I can balance my classes, job and my social life at the same time-"

"Aren't you forgetting my best friend too?" Klaus cuts me off instantly causing me to across to him. He stares at me with no emotion on his face at all.

"Klaus" My Mom warns him sternly.

"What? I'm just saying" he says as his eyes flicker from me to Harry briefly.

"It's fine" I sigh just as I feel Harry place his hand over mine under the table squeezing it briefly before letting go.

"Is it? Are you both actually going to sit there like nothing has happened?" He raises his voice a little clearly angry still by the way things were being handled.

"Nicklaus do not raise your voice at the dinner table" My Mom warms him giving him a stern look.

"I'm sorry Mom but can you blame me?" He sighs gesturing to be both of us.

"What the hell am I missing?" Elijah says causing Amelia to nudge him to shut up.

"You two have some fucking nerve actually coming here, don't you think last night was enough? I can't take much more of this" Klaus snaps as I see him getting worked up about the whole thing.

"Klaus I'm sorry-" Harry tries to say but to no avail.

"But the thing is your not sorry. If you were sorry, you wouldn't have gone after her last night" klaus says causing Harry to frown.