Chapter 1: First Encounter

Start from the beginning

Shikamaru removed his sun glasses and gave him a joyous smile. "I'm Shikamaru Nara! This is my first mission alone. I'm your escort!" He introduced himself eagerly.

Temari smiled sweetly at him. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.."

He blushed upon seeing her smile. "Kireii.." he whispered through himself, he saw soft flowers animatedly reeling around her. His mouth gapped open while he stared at her. He unconsciously touched his stomach as he felt some butterflies flying freely inside.

"A-anou sa..Nara-kun, are you alright?" She asked while her index finger was sheepishly placed below her lower lip.

"Hai! Hai!!!! Please call me on my first name. I want to be your friend! Please be my friend." He bowed on her.
She giggled. "I'm glad to be your friend Shikamaru-kun."

Shikamaru smiled widely. "Yehey!! I'll call you Tema-chan!" He was so glad to have a friend like Temari. And was glad that the butterflies are slowly leaving his stomach.

"Arigatou na.. that's a cute nickname." She smiled again which brought back the butterflies on Shikamaru's stomach and made his heart go doki-doki.

"Waaahhh!!" He shout frustratedly while holding his head.

"E-eh?!" Temari stepped back because of Shikamaru's weird behavior.

"Gomen, gomen. Please don't be scared." He paced back and forth. "What should I do? What should I do?"

"Etto..could you please take me to the hokage's office?" She softly asked him.
He stopped. "Yes! You're a genius. Let's go!" He pointed to the direction and was about to walked straightly ahead when she tucked on his sleeves. "W-wait.."

"Nani??" He asked when a soft hand touched his face. "Uhmm..you have a dirt in here." She gently removed the dirt with her thumb. She beamed at him. "Done."

Shikamaru was feeling hot and his face burning. Suddenly, his cheeks turned in bright red.

"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!" He stepped back and ran away from her. "Wa-wait." Temari's plea was too late as Shikamaru already bolted out. Shikamaru continued to run while screaming. "Chouji!! Choujii!! Help me!"

Temari reached out to the two guards on duty to ask for direction. "That idiot!" One of the guards furiously said. Temari frowned hearing the insult given to her new friend. "I'm so sorry Miss. That guy is really stupid. You may find the Hokage tower in the middle of the village." Temari listened carefully while the guard gave her instructions. "Thank you very much!" She bowed down to them. "But please don't call him an idiot. He's nice and he's my friend." Temari was smiling gently at them but a dangerous aura was emitting from her. She walked away from the two and head to the given direction.

"Kotetsu! Did you see that?" The guard elbowed his companion.

"Of course, Izumo. That idiot is one lucky guy."

-------------------------+++++--+++++++++++++++++++++++++--+++++----------------------------

"Choujii!!! Chouji! Where are you?!!!" Shikamaru was frantically looking for his friend. Running wildly around the village. "Bubun Baika no jutsu." A large hand scooped Shikamaru from storming around and destroying the peacefulness of the village.

"Waaahhh! Chouji-kun yokatta ne."

"What's wrong Shikamaru?" He arched his eyebrow. "Why are you dressed like that? How was your mission?"

Shikamaru placed his hands on his head. "Waaah! My mission. I forgot!" He ran off once again but was stopped by Chouji. "Matte yo. Tell me what is happening."