Chapter 1: First Encounter

"Do you seriously want the Nara to take this mission Hokage-sama?" a big-boned man asked firmly to the blonde village' leader.

Tsunade sighed in her advisor's query. "Choza, this is just a simple escort mission, what could go wrong? I don't think Shikamaru will do something stupid, a little escort mission will not hurt."

"A lot could happen, like the fracture of Suna and Konoha's alliance. And Shikamaru not doing something stupid is a miracle."

The hokage laughed heartedly with her advisor's concern. "Relax, you are over reacting Choza."

"I'm not. Besides, why not give this task to Menma instead?"

"Hmm..I'm surprised you mentioned Minato's son and not yours."

Choza was taken aback. He cleared his throat in defense. "Well.." he was about to retort when the door burst open.

"Hokage-sama!!" announced the shinobi who indiscreetly entered the room. "Finally! A mission! A mission!" He jumped excitedly in front of Tsunade and Choza.

Choza sighed. "Please knock before you enter Shikamaru."

"Hai!!" Shikamaru bowed then leaved the room and abruptly closed the door. The two were confused with his behavior when suddenly, a series of knock we're heard outside. Tsunade laughed out loud while Choza placed his palm unto his face. "This is not funny Tsunade."

Hearing her name from his advisor, Tsunade coughed fakely to hide her embarrassment. Choza was being serious. "You may come in Shikamaru." Tsunade declared.

Shikamaru entered cheerfully. "Please tell me my mission hokage-sama!" A big smile was plastered on his face.

Tsunade was about to answer when he noticed Shikamaru's appearance. His left sleeve was ripped and his pants were somewhat tattered. Dirt was also visible on his face. "What happened to you?" She asked gently.

"Eh, I stumbled on my way here. I was excited when Ino informed me about the mission so I immediately went here."

"Souka..please make yourself look presentable. For your mission, you have to meet with Suna's ambassador in the village's gate; and bring her to my office. You will escort her to the inn as well. Do you understand?"

"Hai Hokage-sama!" Shikamaru dashed out of the office.

"Wai-" Tsunade said but was not heard by him. "I hope he'll know who to look for."

Shikamaru headed to his house. "Hokage-sama said to look presentable" Shikamaru rummaged through his clothes and found what he was looking for. "Tadaaah~" he wore his suit with matching tie. He also wore his sun glasses, thinking it will add to his decency. Once he's satisfied with his looks, he en route directly to the village's gate.

-------------------------+++++--+++++++++++++++++++++++++--+++++----------------------------

Meanwhile, the Suna's ambassador was waiting patiently for her escort. She stood gracefully outside the gate while humming happily; her teal eyes stared into space, her blonde hair was neatly arranged in four pigtails, she was dressed in a long dark purple yukata and a tessen was attached on her back.

"Suna Ambassador!!" a guy was yelling on the gate. "Are you here? Where are you?"

The ambassador hesitantly approached the guy who was yelling. He looked weird with his white pants and suit. He was also wearing a sun-glasses which made him look more suspicious.

"Annou.." she said timidly to him.

"Huh!!!" He pointed on her. "Are you the Suna Ambassador?!"

"H-hai.." she nodded shyly. "My name is Temari."