Peaches

Hana's POV:

I leaned against the wall and pretended to check my phone for the fourteenth time as I waited by the gate for my sister, Sayuri. My attention was yanked from my phone by a hand waving in my face. I looked up, only to be greeted by a pair of teal eyes, Kendo.

"Are you waiting for someone?" She asked once she knew she had my attention.

"Yeah, my sister told me to wait up for her today." I shrugged.

"Oh okay. Well, I just wanted to know if maybe you could teach me some of your hand to hand combat moves sometime. I saw how you pinned Monoma at lunch. I was impressed." She smiled over at me.

"Yeah, that sounds great. We'll have to get together sometime, Kendo." I nodded, slipping my phone into my blazer pocket.

"Hey, Hana! You ready to go?" My sister asked as she bounded over to where Kendo and I were standing.

"Yeah, sure. I'll see you next week, Kendo!" I waved as Sayuri drug me out if the gate.

The two of us walked in comfortable silence until she decided to break it. "What did Monoma say to you today at lunch?"

"I said I didn't want to talk about it." I looked down at me feet as we walked.

"Alright, no need to be so salty. But, I've got another question. How did you keep your cool with Monoma up under you like that?" She seemed to be asking a legitimate question.

"What do you mean?" I asked finally looking over at her.

"Are you serious? Monoma is such a pretty boy. He's like the guy that all the girls are in love with in all the movies. Are you trying to tell me that you don't find him the least bit attractive?" She laughed as she explained her earlier question.

"Well, I mean, I guess he's kinda cute. But, he is such a jerk." I let out a sigh of exasperation.

"He's only a jerk because Bakugou pissed him off before the sports festival. Plus, he probably thinks that he deserves to be in class 1-A. Which he probably does, but that's just not how things turned out." She sounded as though she felt bad for him.

"Why do you care about him? Are you crushing on Monoma?" I asked, shock evident in my voice.

"Oh hell no! I've got my eye on someone else. But, you and Monoma would make a good couple." She laughed again.

"How? What has brought you to this horrible decision?" I stopped walking just to stare at her. I've known the boy a whole eight hours and she's already trying to hook me up with him.

"Hear me out, okay? Monoma's a jerk, and you, for the most part, can be pretty nice. I think that if he were to develop a crush on you, he may change for the better. Also, I think he might already have his eyes on you."

"You seriously think Monoma likes me? We basically just met today!"

"I know that. But, when he came over to the table today his goal wasn't to agitate the 1-A students. His goal was to agitate you. He's low-key acting like a little kid about it, but I'm pretty sure that he is crushing on you."

"Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes as we walked up the steps to our house.

I kicked off my shoes at the door and ran up the stairs to my room. I tossed my bag onto my bed and tore off my uniform. I pulled on some shorts, a black tank top and a sheer black cardigan. I let my hair down from my ponytail and ran a brush through it. I turned to grab my phone from my blazer when I realized the heat lamp for my snake, Peaches had gone out.

I gently got her out of the tank and slipped her inside of my shirt. I had done this to keep her warm when we first got her and I guess I'll have to do it again. I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs. I had just made it to ths door when Sayuri grabbed me by the shoulder.

"Where are you going?" She was obviously annoyed and I wasn't sure why.

"Peaches needs a new heat lamp. I was going to the pet shop." I slipped on my shoes, making sure that Peaches didn't fall out of my shirt as I did so.

"Whatever, just don't take too long." She turned and walked back into the living room.

~Short Time Skip to the pet store brought to you by Aizawa's sleeping bag.~

Monoma's POV:

"Come on Tetsu, just pick one out already. We've been here forever." I whined as I leaned against the treat display.

"I don't know which one to get, Monoma. Plus, we've only been here for like five minutes." He had been looking at the same litter of kittens since we walked through the door.

"Just pick one, it can't be that hard." I rolled my eyes and let out a long sigh.

That's when I heard the front door open, the bell ringing throughout the store. That's when I heard a famliliar female voice ask about heat lamps and the lady at the front tell her they were in the back.

"Hey, Tetsutetsu!" I turned to see Hana waving from halfway down the adjacent aisle.

"Hana, what are you doing here?" He asked, still holding a small cat.

"I'm just here to pick up some things for Peaches. What about you?" She said.

For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She seemed so happy and relaxed outside of school. Perhaps it was because she wasn't in that stuffy button up and blazer with her hair tied back.

"I'm here with Monoma, he's helping me pick out a kitten." He said, motioning to me. I took a deep breath and smiled as I stepped out into the aisle.

Her smile as she rushed over to me taking my hands in hers. "Monoma, I'm really sorry for what I did earlier today. Are you alright, you know." She pointed downwards, obviously referring to when she kicked me.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I lied. I had spent almost an hour with an ice pack on my lap.

"Are you sure? I had heels on." She looked down at her feet, almost ashamed of her earlier actions.

"I promise I'm fine, okay?" I placed a hand on either side of her face, turning her head to look up at me. Her cheeks were slightly pink and it reminded me of the look on her face when I had my hands on her legs earlier.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier. I didn't mean to come off as weird or anything. I didn't know what to do with my hands and I understand if I came across kinda creepy." I could feel my cheeks heat up a bit as I apologized.

"It's fine, Monoma." Her face was significantly more flushed.

I heard Tetsutetsu cough and looked over her head at him. He looked slightly uncomfortable. I took my hands always from her face and looked back down at her. That's when I saw it. A snake had popped it's head out of her shirt. My eyes went wide as I stepped away from her.

"This is probably a stupid question but, are you aware that there is a reptile in your cleavage?" I asked, a shaking finger pointing at her chest.

"That's Peaches, my ball python. Her heat lamp went out, so I had to come pick up a new one. I had to keep her warm, so I put her in my shirt." She gently reached down and ran a finger down the exposed part of the snake before carefully placing it back in her shirt.

"Crap, sorry guys, I've gotta go. I'll see you at school on Monday!" Tetsutetsu said before putting the kitten back with the others and rushing out of the store.

"It's getting quite late, do you mind if I walk you home?" I asked, a hopeful tone in my voice.

"Just let me pay for this lamp and we'll be on our way."