"Our father requires Lord Edmure to wed one of his daughters, Roslin," Walder Frey's son went on, pretending like he hadn't heard Edmure's protest.

Hera felt a bit bad about the situation. It was Robb and her's choice he would have to pay for, and he didn't really have a choice. She just hoped that whoever this Roslin was, would be a good wife.

"How old is she?" Edmure asked.

"19."

"Can I see her first?" Edmure asked, his grip on the cup he was holding visibly becoming tighter.

"You wanna count her teeth?" Black Walder asked sarcastically while Lothar narrowed his eyes. "We depart for the Twins in the morning. We need an answer before we leave and a wedding not more than a fortnight thereafter or this alliance is at an end."

"Your father does realise we're in the middle of a war?" The Blackfish fired back coldly.

The Frey men chuckled. "Father is old," Lothar drawled out with a sigh. "It will put his heart at peace if he could see her wed to a good husband, and his recent experience had made him wary of long engagements."

Upon his last words, Hera and Robb looked at each other almost guiltily. They always knew that their marriage would have consequences, and this was one of them.

"He has every right to be," Robb answered with a sigh. "Please excuse us while we discuss it."

The Frey men both bowed respectfully before rising from the table and leaving the room.

As soon as they closed the door behind them, Edmure spoke up.

"Why should I let that old ferret choose my bride for me? At the very least, I should be offered the same choice you were," he exclaimed while abruptly standing up and walking over to the window, everyone's eyes following his moving figure. "I'm his liege lord."

"He's a proud man and we've wounded him," Robb tried to reason with him.

Edmure wasn't having it. "I didn't wound him, my answer is no."

The Blackfish stood up angrily and slowly walked over to Edmure while talking. "Listen to me, and listen very carefully," he said while giving him a harsh glare. "You -"

"The laws of Gods and men are very clear," Edmure fumed. "No man can compel another man to marry!"

The Blackfish narrowed his eyes. "The laws of my fist are about to compel your teeth!"

"It's alright, you heard him," Robb spoke up, still sitting by the table.

"If you refuse, our alliance with the Freys is dead," Hera finally spoke up, getting tired of staying silent. In return, Edmure narrowed his eyes at her.

"He's wanted me for one of his daughters since I was 12. He's not gonna stop wanting it now," Edmure replied, both him and the Blackfish walking back to the table. "When I say no, he will come back and offer me a daughter of my choosing." Hera wanted to slap the cockiness out of him.

"You're willing to risk our freedom and our lives for a chance at a prettier wife?" Lady Catelyn turned around to stare at him in disbelief.

Robb turned around as well, even more tense now than earlier. "I have a war to fight and we can't win it without them. I have no time to haggle!"

"You said you wanted to make amends for the Stone Mill," Hera reminded Edmure, watching as he visibly faltered.

"You recall that heroic engagement?" The Blackfish scoffed towards Edmure.

Everyone became silent, staring at Edmure in anticipation.

"I had something... less permanent in mind," he replied in a stutter, less confident now.

"I've won every battle, but I'm losing this war," Robb stated. "If we don't do this and do it now, we're lost."

His words seemed to struck something in Edmure as he looked down deep in thought.

"I'll marry her," he finally decided.

"You're paying for my sins, Uncle. It's not fair or right. I'll remember it," Robb said gratefully.

Edmure nodded as he slowly dragged himself over to the window, staring out sadly. Hera sighed and took another swig of the ale, grimacing as it burned down her throat, but that didn't stop her from doing it again.

-

Hera felt arms sneak around her waist from behind, before a pair of lips planted themselves at her neck. She didn't have to look away from the window in their chamber to know that it was Robb. She sighed and melted into his touch.

"How are you feeling?" he mumbled softly as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"I'm managing," she answered as she leaned back into his chest. "What about you?"

"I'm okay as long as you are."

Hera turned around in his arms and placed her own arms behind his back. She looked up at him through her dark eyelashes, giving him a soft smile.

"Do you regret it?" she asked quietly.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Regret what?"

She sighed. "Marrying me, I mean, it nearly caused us our alliance with the Freys."

"No," Robb replied instantly. "When I married you, I knew it would have concequences, but I didn't care, because I loved you, and I still do. No matter what happens, we will always have each other, and when I'm with you, I know we can face it together."

Hera smiled. Gosh, she loved him so much.

"I love you," she whispered to him, watching as he smiled softly down at her.

"I love you," he said before he leaned down and captured their lips in a soft and passionate kiss. Even though she had kissed him many times, it always made butterflies appear in her stomach.

A/N: This was quite a boring chapter, but it is necessary for the plot! Shit hits the fan in the next chapter though, which will be the red wedding. I hope you're ready!