THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - THE BATTLE OF THE WHISPERING WOOD

Hera was woken up in the middle of the night by loud sounds outside her tent. She could hear men talking, swords being sharpened and horses walking on the hard ground. With furrowed eyebrows she rose from her bed and quickly got dressed, wanting to see what was happening. She rubbed her eyes to get rid of any tiredness that was left before she exited the tent.

The cold wind hit her instantly, making her shiver. She squinted slightly, the darkness making it hard for her to see anything. That's when she spotted Robb and some of his closest bannermen stood by the edge of the camp. She normally wouldn't have thought much of it, but they were wearing full armor with weapons strapped at their side. They also had their horses ready, which confused her.

Why would they be leaving in the middle of the night? She walked closer, doing her best to not be seen. As she got closer, she spotted more men getting ready to leave. That's when realisation dawned upon her. They were going into battle. Anger bottled up inside of Hera, and she clenched her fists so hard that she drew blood. How dare they go to battle without her?

Anger took over her, and she retreated from her hiding spot, stalking towards Robb instead. Her eyes were set into slits, her whole form clenched in anger. As Robb and the rest of the Lords spotted her, they instantly knew that she was not happy. In fact, she was furious.

"What the hell, Robb?" Hera exclaimed in anger as she stopped in front of him. Robb looked at her in shock. "Why was I not informed of the battle?" Robb had expected her to be angry, so he wasn't surprised when she gave him a sour look.

"Because you're not going" Robb spoke with finalty in his voice. The Lords beside him flinched slightly, their eyes glued to Hera, who was growing angrier by the second. They were sure that soon, smoke would start blowing out of her nostrils, like it would with a dragon.

Hera gaped at his words, her blood boiling. "What do you mean I'm not going? I am!" she exclaimed. She couldn't believe how much of an asshole he was being at the moment. "You can't stop me!"

"I can, and I will" Robb spoke, watching her with apologetic eyes. "It is much safer for you here where I know you won't get hurt."

Hera's face softened slightly at his words. Suddenly she was feeling guilty about her outburst. He only wanted to keep her safe, but still, he shouldn't have kept it secret from her.

"You need all the help you can get" Hera sighed. "And you know that I'm a better fighter than most of the men in your army, no offence." She looked at the bannermen standing with them with a sheepish look on her face, causing them to roll their eyes as smiles appeared on their faces.