➮ twentyone.

Jae

Jae.

I took a deep breath in before entering the facility where the summer camp was held. I fixed my shirt and ran my fingers through my hair. I opened the door and eyes quickly shot over to me. "Jaelynn! You're here." Ms.Symons exclaimed quickly walking over to me.

"Hi." I said flashing a smile. "You're so pretty oh my god, your group is over here." She excitingly said pointing to a group of kids ages ranged from three to six. "Thank you." I said beginning to fidget with my fingers.

"I didn't want to throw older kids on you." She said. I nodded my head signaling I understood. "Okay everyone!" Ms.Symons yelled grabbing the attention of everyone. I took a seat near my group crossing my legs. She explained how two groups are in the classrooms and the other two are in the gym.

My group and the older kids would be in the gym for a period of time. Then we would rotate to the different classes. She released us, I stood up putting my phone in my pocket. I led my group out into the gym. I sat down on the bleachers pulling out my phone.

If I was getting payed just to do this, this would be easy money. I opened my conversation with Glizzy and began texting him.

jae 🤮💕:
It's not so bad lmfao

zion 😚:
See you were worried for nun

jae 🤮💕:
Yea but I'm just watching them this camp is lame it's really nun to it

jae 🤮💕:
They go to like 2 or 3 classes then do whatever they want basically

zion 😚:
Easy money lol

jae 🤮💕:
That's what I said!

zion 😚:
After work I wanna talk otp

My eyes widened, before I could reply I felt my phone snatched from my hands. I thought it was one of the kids so I jumped up ready to chase somebody's child. I looked up and saw it was the group leader for the other group in the gym. "Excuse you." I said holding my hand out.

"We're supposed to be focused, watching the kids." He said putting my phone in a basket. "You don't pay my phone bill meaning you don't get to take my phone." I said attempting to snatch my phone out the basket. He jerked the basket back.

"Bad first day impression." He said as he walked away. I crossed my arms sitting down.

✗ ✗ ✗

"Can I have my phone back?" I asked since all the campers had left. He looked me up and down before handing me my phone. I rolled my eyes, I turned my phone on scrolling through my notifications.

zion 😚
6 iMessages

mommy 💜💍
2 missed calls

dad dad 😎❣️
2 iMessages

I opened my messages with my dad first.

dad dad 😎❣️:
Jaelynn you're not answering your mothers calls..

dad dad 😎❣️:
Just letting you know I'm picking you up so look for my car.

Jaelynn👨‍👧❤️:
Okay

I left out my dads messages turning my phone off looking for his car. A few minutes later he had pulled up. "Bye Ms.Symons." I said waving. "Bye sweetheart." She said smiling. I jogged to my daddy's car getting in the front seat. "Hey daddy." I said closing the door. "Hey babygirl." He said.

"My fault I didn't answer, "apparently" I'm not aloud to use my phone." I said putting quotation around 'apparently.' "Tell that to your mother." My dad said turning up the music. I took my phone out my pocket and looked at Glizzy's messages.

zion 😚:
Uh

zion 😚:
Jaelynn..? You left da kid on read

zion 😚:
It's okay if youn wanna talk

zion 😚:
I just needed to get things off my chest

zion 😚:
Jae

zion 😚:
Ard ima leave you alone

jae 🤮💕:
Omg I'm sorry they took my phone

jae 🤮💕:
We can still talk if you want otp

zion 😚:
Yea lol we can

jae 🤮💕:
When I get home ima call you

I turned my phone off laying my head back. I was really about to talk to Glizzy. I slowly smiled as I took everything in. "Weirdo." My dad said. "What you mean?" I asked laughing. "You just smiling to yourself, what got you smiling?" He asked. "Just happy I guess."

"Mhmm." He said side eyeing me. I wonder what he wants to talk about. I nervously waited for us to get home.