Chapter 4

Keys:

"Speaking"

Flashback

Parseltongue

'Thinking'

Messages or letters

- Changes of place / time -

____________________________________________________________

"Potter, care to answer my question? What are you doing here? Seeking for more attention like your dear late father," taunted the greasy-haired Potions Master. Voldemort's other servants didn't dare make a sound. It was better to be quiet instead of outspoken, isn't it? Keeps them safe.

His words infuriated the mentioned person; however, it made no effort for it to be known. On the other hand, he did aim back an emotionless comeback. "Says the man who caused the final moments of his sweet Lily's life to come to an early end."

Silence enveloped the court of Death Eaters before Harry decided to speak again, in the same monotone voice. "Allow me to drill some logic into that clouded brain of yours, Professor." Here the prophesied boy emphasized the last word, allowing a pleasantly empty smile to cross his features before continuing. "First off; I don't care if my parents are alive or dead. I don't even know who they are so don't expect me to be like them. Two; it really makes no difference to me whether they are buried and rolling in their graves at my behaviour right now. And finally; if they really did care for me (which I doubt they do), then they should have let me die on that fateful night too. I know that they gave up their lives for me to survive but it really was selfish of my supposedly loving guardians to have trusted Dumbledore enough to let him drop me off at a stranger's doorsteps. During the middle of the night where anyone could have took me away. A 15 month old child at that. Very safe. Even if I didn't end up lost, I still had to live life as a house-elf for ten or more so years since then. Now answer my question. Was it not your fault for their deaths and my misery after you went to back Dumbledore again?"

By now Harry was just teasing his poor teacher. It was evident that all fault lies within the aging goat's arms.

"You don't know what you're tal-"

"If you aren't going to answer me then be quiet!" That ought to keep him quiet; and hopefully others around him too. What's the matter with people and parseltongue? Honestly, they are all stupid. The whole lot of them. It's not going to kill them listening to some friendly hissing. Coincidentally, Nagini also hissed once, hearing of another parselmouth, resulting in many visible trembling forms.

The mentally unstable Lady Lestrange née Black started cackling terrifyingly. "Aw~! Ickle, bickle, baby Potter has got guts~! You and I are going to be best buddies! Now all we need to work on is the blood thirst behind your words!" sang the over-excited left-hand woman of the Dark Lord. He didn't even mean for his words to be threatening!

Trying to get on more of Snape's nerves, he then happily chirped, "My Lord, would you mind me borrowing Severus for the time being? I need his willing cooperation and your permission for this to work. I can offer you a boon, if you wish for me to do so? I have a few pests in mind to get rid off first hand before we truly decide to cause panic within the Circus of the Flaming Turkeys." It was wholeheartedly amusing (for Voldemort) to see a Gryffindor (especially Potter, of all people) rile up his Death Eaters; even the ones with the attitude of a rock statue. With a curt nod of his, perfectly smooth, bald head, he allowed the stoic, used-to-be double-spy to be pulled away by their very recent (and youngest) recruit.

However, all the Dungeon Bat could think of was: 'How does he know of the Order? Even his friends didn't make a hint about it or thought about telling him in fear of going against Dumbledore's words. Well, not that I know of anyway...' The part of where Potter offered his Lord a favour totally slipped his mind until he found himself getting dismissed and the boy towing his by his robe sleeves.

Snape soon ended up getting dragged behind Dumbledore's favourite to work on a project of his, while horrified that the kid actually bribed his Lord to work civil environment, resentfully. Bellatrix was still on the sidelines laughing wildly and unladylike, watching everything play out smoothly. Harry was pleased with his work and unnecessary effort in succeeding to persuade in the most inefficient of ways. And Voldemort wasn't to say, for the lack of better word, pleased but more astonished at Lucius' ability to finally stay silent - after getting told off - which was also the courtesy of the Golden Boy. If he can cause all this trouble to the best of my followers then maybe, just maybe, having Potter on his side would not too bad after all...