This was a lose - lose situation for him.

It was all down to saving Choutaru, or possibly killing himself, everyone else - including Choutaru.

"Dammit!"Kaneki suddenly cursed, his hands going to his hair.

"Kaneki-kun.."Rima whispered sensing his anxiety, and placing a hand on his shoulder in comfort."Calm down."

"I don't know what to do though. I don't want to risk going out there again."Kanae's clenched her fists and held back more tears,"But.. Choutaru.. I can't let him die either."

Rima nodded slowly, her eyes falling downward as she thought hard.."Then I'll go. I'll take him to Banjou. Just tell me-"

"No!"

"Kaneki-kun!?"

Kaneki shook his head."I'm not letting you leave my sight. You're not going alone."

"But all of this is my fault anyways. I can't let Choutaru die."

"No. I'm not letting you go."

Rima felt her face contort into anger, ripping her hand away from Kaneki's shoulder. Turning her body away, she began pacing back and forth. Her emotions were all in a twist, but she knew that Choutaru had to live.

Rima remembered fighting Choutaru last night, and she remembered feeling nothing towards his pain. Honestly, at the moment she still didn't really feel anything towards him being on the verge of death, or the fact that she inflicted it on him, only that she knew it was her fault and she had to fix it. It was a weird thing to explain. Rima didn't feel remorse for causing Choutaru pain, but she knew that she had to do something for him. Like she was obligated to do it for his life.

"We're loosing time."Tsukiyama spoke up. Having moved closer to Choutaru, he noticed his chest only moving one every so often. His skin was now an almost translucent white.

"Kaneki?.."Kanae begged.

Kaneki swallows down a lump as he looked at Rima's back. Why did it have to be Choutaru? Why did it have to be someone that he knew personally? Everyone but Nishiki and Bo was against them letting Choutaru die, but it wasn't like Kaneki wanted him dead. He owed it to him. Choutaru did keep Rima safe for him while they were apart.

"Ugh!"Kaneki groaned, finally giving in."Fine! But we have to move as quickly and as silently as possible. If any doves catch us.. it'll be over.."

Kanae let out a cry of happiness, falling to her knees."Thank you, thank you, thank you!"She cried at his feet.

Bo shook her head and crossed her arms. Ryo just studied the scene before him. His eyes were mostly trained on Rima.

Kaneki looked down at her with a frown still present."I just want you to know Kanae, Choutaru still may not make it."Kanae's ears perked up."Even if we make it there, his body might reject the procedure."

Her expression turn soft, and a sad smile appeared."Just trying is enough."

Kaneki turned to a quiet angry Nishiki, and a shocked Tsukiyama."Grab him and let's get going."They both nodded.

Turning again to face Rima, Kaneki walked up behind her - seeing as she had stopped pacing - and put his hands on her shoulders to gain her attention.

"Rima-Chan... I'm sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean it."

Rima exhaled heavily and shook her head. She still didn't turn around to look at him."I'm not mad at you."

"Then why aren't you looking at me? We're leaving, aren't you happy?"