I was jealous and I couldn't stop myself.

"Hey, dude... you've only knew her today. What gives you the right to be jealous?" I told myself.

"But... I believe love at first sight."

So, I walked away, not wanting to hurt myself longer.

But my mistake was....

I turned back to catch one last glance.

They were hugging.

"Xx---"

I cursed in my head.

"Okay, RenWu, calm down. She's not yours and that's all it matters."

I walked away with a bleeding heart.

[Xiaxuan's pov]
"Nongnong, thanks for walking me home." I smiled, and opened the house door. "But, if you're not busy... would you like to come in?"

"Sorry, I actually do have a schedule after this... Xiaxuan, I'll come back once I'm done with today's schedule, okay?"

His warm smile appeared, and squished my cheeks. I blushed at the touch, even though he always does this.

"O-okay. Be safe!"

That's all I could squeak out.
Why was I so weirdly shy today?

"See ya!" He got into a car, and the driver drove off.

I melted into my memories, with Nongnong still on my mind. Just then, my phone rang. It was a video call from Ziyi...

"Hey, ziyi?"
I smiled as he softly smiled back.
"Xiaxia. Do you want to eat dinner with me today? Or should I call delivery and send you something?"
"What? Aren't you gonna-"
"Shhh, I want to eat with you today. I'm really tired, and I wanna eat with someone to recharge."
His tired grin convinced me, and I agreed.

"Uhm, let's eat at my house okay? I'll cook something for you~"

"Hmm, alright. Meet you at 7?"

"Yup!" I ended the call, and threw my backpack in the house. "Time to go shopping for some groceries."

I came to the supermarket, my shopping cart in my hand. "Hmm- I wonder what would Ziyi want for dinner." The cart rolled around under my control, and I stopped at the section of pork ribs.
"Hmm, pork rib soup would be nice." I picked it up, and realized it was on sale.
"I guess it's ziyi's lucky day." I thought to myself happily as I placed the ribs in my cart.

I got home with a bag of groceries, including white radish (daikon), and other vegetables and fruit. I quickly got to work, chopping up the white radish and celetry, using the pork rib's bones as base. The soup got on the stove pretty quickly, and soon I was sipping some tea as I waited for the soup to finish, and for Ziyi to show up.

I grabbed my homework assignments and started to work, but the doorbell rang.

Ziyi showed up....
With flowers.

"?!???"

He pushed the flowers into my arms. "I just saw these on the way here and... I don't know, I thought it suited you."

The sheepish grin made my heart shake.

"Awwh, thank you. I only made soup today, but I do have some rice and vegetables- Is.. Is that okay?"

I rambled, and he chuckled.

"I'll eat anything you make, you're a good cook afterall."

Shoot. Butterflies in my stomach.

Why am I getting such a crazy reaction? He knows I'm a good cook since we were kids...

So why am I being weird about it now?

He just looks a little older, mature, and has abs....

THATS IT.

"Y-yeah, uh. Go take a seat, I'll give you some food."

"Sure." He went over and sat at the dining room table. He then took out his phone and texted someone.
I, on the other hand, was shaking like crazy while trying to get him his soup.
"CaLm DowN Xiaxuan. Why are you like this?" I breathed in, and blew it out.
He's just my childhood friend.
Nothing more.
Okay?

I served his soup, and a bowl of hot, steaming rice.
The stir-fry vegetables were placed on the table, along with some chicken I managed to cook in the span of two hours.
"Here, enjoy~"

The smile on his face faded, as he dug in.

"Is.... Is there anything wrong? Is the food not good?"

"Oh, uhm... no, the food is really tasty. I guess I just miss home a lot these days." The boy looked down at his bowl of rice, still smiling, but it's turned into a sad smile now.

"Does my food remind you of your mom's?"
I spoke up, nervously.
"Yeah. That's why its really good."

I beamed.

"Yay! I'm glad I was able to treat you to good food."
I happily continued eating, and he laughed.
"Thank you, Xiaxuan."

After the plates were done (and I fought him for the plate washing... I won, of course), we decided to watch a movie.
"Ziyi, you pick one."
"No, you pick one xiaxia!"
We got in another silly argument.
"Fine."
I picked an animation movie, and we began to watch it.

[Ziyi's pov]
After I lost to Xiaxia for the plates, I decided to let her pick the movie.
"No, you pick one, xiaxia." I said it as firmly as I can.
"Fine."
She puffed, clearly angry, but playfully angry.
I chuckled.
She was so cute.

"Okay, this one!"
It was an animation movie. She has always loved those.
"Mhm."

We quietly watched.

She was especially into it, laughing at the funny parts and worried at the fighting parts.

She was like a kid, that I had to protect.

"Xiaxia."

"Hmm?"

"You're so cute."

"What?!" Her cheeks flushed, and I laughed.

"I said, you were cute."

"Awh, Ziyi stop! I'm trying to watch the movie and you're distracting." She pouted cutely.
"Haha, alright, go back and watch it."

"Okay."

We quieted down again, me staring at her face while she watches it intensely.

'This girl....' I smiled thinking about all the memories that we've had as a kid.

Being the only girl of the group, she always got special treatment from all of us.
But when we were little, we didn't really care if she was a girl...
We just played all kinds of games.
Xiaogui didn't know how to play dolls, but he still did, because Xiaxia wanted to.
Xiaxia didn't know how to play football or baseball, but she learned by watching us play so many times.

We learn from each other.

My thoughts went away as soon as I felt xiaxuan on my shoulders, her sleeping soundily.
"She must be tired as well."
I closed the TV, and carried her bridal styled to her bedroom.
"She should be careful when she's alone with a guy... I shall tell her that when I call her tomorrow."

As soon as I layed her down on the bed, I went out of her house, and locked the doors tightly.

Then I heard footsteps.

"Who's there?" I calmly asked.
"Ge, it's me~"
Nongnong smiled.

"Hey. What are you doing here?"
"Oh, I told xiaxuan I would come here when my schedules are finished. I guess she's sleeping, huh?"

"Mhm."

"Well, then we better head back, Ziyi ge~"

"Yeah. Let's go."

We got on my car, and drove off to our dorm.