CHAPTER TWO

Like I said before, my name is Winter and I live in an orphanage.

Girls don't like me, and I know that for a fact despite what everyone says. I only have one friend, and that friend lost all of her friends by being my friend. That girls name is Maddie. She had been my best friend growing up. We made a promise not to forget each other no matter how far away we live from each other. People know that it's true, Maddie and I have always been by each other's side.

           Maddie knew I would always come back, but it wasn't about weather I came back, it was about if she came back. Everyone at the orphanage knew that I was strong and could fight for the one's I love. Maddie, no one was sure about her, she went in and out of mood swings that only I thought were predictable. To Maddie's and I opinion, we were the smartest girls at the orphanage. One little thing I forgot to mention, I actually don't know the name of the orphanage. 16 years in this place and I still don't know the name. Amazing, isn't it?

        Maddie and I thought we were the smartest out of everyone. Could you blame us? We had the most books on our shelf, and the most A's on our report card. Maddie and I try our best to stay together. No. Matter. What.