Torn Apart

Chapter 7

Rui En's POV

Falling for him, was not a mistake, it was a luxury, because he makes you feel like a princess, a little girl, someone he will wholeheartedly protect.

Falling for him was so effortless that it didn't require a reason. His charm and his words can sway you and make you believe every word.

At that instant as I stepped foot out of the restaurant, I already regretted and his expressions just ripped my heart apart.

I am falling to pieces, I am falling to pieces...

Yes I am falling to pieces and my inner world is crumbling. And this chilly weather just made it happen. I am tearing apart... He makes me whole. Yet I broke his heart, in what, just a matter of fact, a few days. I cannot give him happiness because I am not whole myself yet.

The reason why I turned him away was career. Relationship and career. I can only choose one. In showbiz, you cannot hide your relationships now matter how hard you try. I know I cannot keep it hidden because of both our fames. The media will notice and people will start watching us. No privacy. Nothing. It will not work out. So i chose career where we are both at our peaks. We can both achieve more in that. No matter how much my heart ached to be with him, it would be a wrong decision. I knew I had to stop. Even if it would mean hurting him. Because letting go was a way of protecting us both. He will find someone better.

I spend alot of time thinking in the park nearby, letting the cold numb my feelings and attempting to make my thoughts about him go away. But I failed. He was still there, on my mind. I was freezing and going to catch a cold. I don't care, I really don't. Nothing mattered at that point in time, except Him.

Elvin's POV

My heart went cold when she told me she didn't want to be with me. The necklace lay in the box. I closed it and took along my jacket she left behind. Her warmth still linger on it, and her distinct chanel perfume. I footed the bill, and instinct just took over, i guess? I drove my car in the vicinity searching for her, searching for that familiar figure of hers but to no avail. No matter how upset I was, I was still worried for her. Finally at 12am, I returned to the hotel.

Ringing her hotel room doorbell, no one answered and I was really worried, contemplating whether to go down to the police. I paced along the hallway until I saw her familiar figure emerging from the lift door, her eyes red, her hand holding her heels. My feet propelled itself to her side. She tried to push past me but I held onto her arm tight "You okay?" My voice filled with concern. She looked up at me in the eyes, saying through gritted teeth "Let me go". I didn't. Instead I pulled her into a hug from behind.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you so fast into a relationship you weren't prepared for. Sorry, Rui En, talk to me please...?" I literally begged her, tears pricking and threatening to roll off. Yes, me Elvin Ng, was crying. My grip tightened as she tried to pull free.

Rui En's POV

His concern was like a thousand ice shards, piercing into my heart and generated more tears that fell, dripping onto his arms that were tugging at my waist. He tightened his grip as I struggled to break free. I wanted to give in, relax into his arms, soak up the warmth radiating from him. I was cold, hurt. But I couldn't.

Forcefully, I break away from his grasp and hurrying down the hallway to my room. Quickly inserting my room card with my trembling fingers, I attempted to getaway. He was faster, his strides overtaking mine and he hovered at my side, bugging me to talk to him.

"Move aside!" I literally screamed but I was not angry. I was more upset than anything else.  Finally, I locked him away, out of my side, outside my hotel door. I leaned against the cold hard door, my body drained of all emotions.

As I saw the roses lying in the container, I just fell to my knees and broke into a bitter sob. It was true that no matter how tough you are, you will be vulnerable in front of the person you love.

I know he could hear my cries. But I didn't care. I must have fell asleep because I woke up to a headache and super swollen eyes. "Shit." I cursed loudly. I washed my tear stained face and examined the "damage". I still had two scenes to film today. I quickly did a mask and the swelling went down by a little. I tried to conceal my dark eyebags with concealer. Popping some painkillers to stop the throbbing pain in my head and maybe my heart that I chose to ignore, I headed down to the location for filming.

"Rui En, what happened to you? Your eyes are so swollen. You'll look bad onscreen." my makeup artiste asked. "Concealer won't help much, hopefully it will cover as much as possible. I'll see what I can do." He said as he started doing makeup for my shoot today. I tried to focus by looking at my script but I could feel it when he entered the makeup room. I diverted my gaze from him. I don't know if its fated but I have both scenes with him today.

"Elvin, ready?" His PA called for him to reshoot a scene before ours. "Coming!" I hear him call out across the makeup room. I keep my eyes glued to the script, my mind drifting back to last night. I cannot afford to screw my makeup. So after the makeup artiste was done, I took a breather by walking to the toilet.

As I emerge from the toilet cubicle, I heard someone shout "Accident at the scene! 1 injured! Call the ambulance quick!" My stomach turned as I remembered Elvin was there.

I ran so fast and pushed past countless people in my way. Elvin, Elvin, was only what I could think of. At the point I realised... I couldn't lose him for the world.

---------------

So painful to write. But thats what I am only giving you now. Keeping the rest for the next chapter. :)

Thanks for 0.3k!(;

The next one is brewing. So maybe I'll release it at 0.5k :P