t w e l v e

| R O N A |

| R O N A |

|

Dear Nico,

It's been just over a month since the team dinner, and way longer since I last saw you. Did you know, you did something you promised you'd never do? Well you did, you forgot about me.

I know you have a girlfriend to have to keep happy, an amazing hockey career, and much more. But that doesn't mean you can't send me a quick text checking up on me.

Speaking of which, how are you? I'm doing pretty bad to be honest. My school work has been piling up on me, Michael and I broke up a little while back, I ran out of my favourite ice cream, and the barista at the cafe always tries to hit on me. This week was been terrible.

I don't know anything that would make this week any worse, but let's just wait and see.

and by the way, i love you

~Rona

|

"Michael? Why are you calling at, twelve at night?" Rona groans into her phone.

It's been a really long week for Rona, and all she asked for was her beauty sleep, but Michael thought otherwise.

"We need your help." Michael says clearly in distress.

"Who's we?"

"We as in me, Taylor, and most importantly Nico."

"What's happening?"

"Lara cheated on Nico."

Rona's heart suddenly thumps at the response.

"Oh..."

"He's drunk off his ass right now. And he's calling for you."

Then in a heartbeat, Rona answered;

"I'll be there."

|

After an hour and forty-five minute drive to the boys' place, Rona finds herself standing at the front door in her pajamas.

"Finally, you're here!" Michael says as he grabs Rona and drags her inside.

"Well New York to New Jersey is a lengthy ride, okay?" Rona sighs out of frustration as she slips off her shoes.

"Sorry, sorry. So, how've you been?" Michael questions as he slowly leads the way towards the living room.

"I've been better, you?"

"Same here. But um, about the break up, we're still friends right?" Michael asks nervously, causing Rona to giggle.

"Of course, if we weren't then it would just be a waste of our time we spent together." Rona answers and Michael lets out a quick breath of air.

"Good, great. Well about Nico, he's in here." Michael says as he leads Rona into the living room where Taylor is trying to take the bottle of tequila out of Nico's grasp.

"Finally, the enforcement is here." Taylor says fully giving up on the drunk man in front of him to greet his guest.

"Hey there little one, how are you?" Taylor asks as he pulls Rona into a tight hug.

"I've been better, but I've got a mess I need to fix." Rona says hugging him back.

"Yes, yes you do." Taylor says pulling away from Rona.

"Hey, can I leave now? I need a nap, it's too late for this bullshit." Michael questions from behind the group.

"Yeah go to bed, I've got this." Rona sighs and Michael leaves.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you need any assistance." Taylor says walking away.

With a sigh, Rona makes her way over to her drunk friend.

"Hey Hischier." Rona says as she plops herself down on the sturdy coffee table in front of Nico.

"L-lara?" Nico asks waking up from his mini nap.

"No, it's Rona." Rona sighs at the lost boy.

"Rowrow? My Rowrow?" Nico asks referring to her old nickname.

Rona chuckles at the old name before replying.

"Yeah it's me Coco, it's me."

"I-i missed y-ou." Nico says between burps.

"I've missed you too. Now give me that bottle and let's get you to bed."Rona says reaching for the bottle, but Nico quickly stands up.

"Nope nope nope, Nico sit back down." Rona says as she gets up from the table and makes him sit back down on the couch.

"Rowrow?"

"Yes?"

"I love her, you know?"

Rona sighs knowing that Nico deserves better than a cheating girlfriend.

"Are you sure?" Roan questions her best friend

"I'm positive."

"But Nico, she cheated on you." Rona says clearly confused at her friend.

"It was a mistake. I've been with her for over a year now an-"

"Nico we've been friends all our lives! This girl is toxic to you!" Ron argues.

"No she's not, she loves me back Rona. She loves me back." Nico says falling asleep, and Rona scoffs at his response.

"And I love you." Rona say and gets up from the table and makes her way into the kitchen.

"Well, you look like you need a drink." Taylor says chuckling at the frustrated Rona.

"I'm fine, I think I'm just gonna head home. Nico fell asleep on the couch."

"You should stay the night, its really late." Taylor offers, but Rona turns down the offer.

"I can't stay here, I can't stay near him."