Ehh...Just Walk It Off

Start from the beginning

CRAASSHH

You yelped, skiddish from the sudden loud sound. Hesitantly flipping on your phone's flashlight, your hands shakily pointed the light in the direction of the bang.

A black figure jumped out of the dumpster silhouette into the illuminated beams, causing you to have a mini heart attack. However, to your surprise and relief, the mysterious dark blob turned out to be a stray black cat rummaging through the garbage.

Your tense shoulders relaxed at the cute critter.

"Hey, buddy," you cooed, "I thought you were a villain, but your just a cute kitty".

You made your way over to the animal to pet it, but halfway there, the feline hissed, running away from your form, causing you to frown.

"Tough crowd", you huffed.

"LOOK OUT"

You whipped your head to witness a large chunk of building, flying right at you. Your mind instantly shut down.

Milliseconds after, you felt a large mass crash against your side, pushing you out of the way of the incoming debris. Next thing you knew, you were sprawled out on the ground, covered in scrapes and bruises.

Your eyes fluttered open as you examined the area: fuzzy brown rubble and a limp blue blob to you rleft. As your eyes slowly adjusted, you gasped, realizing that the navy blur was actually a body; probably the person who surprise tackled you..

Although your exhausted body ached from the impact, the rush adrenaline pushed you to get up and run towards the seemingly lifeless body. You dropped down beside the figure, pressing two fingers against his jawline.

"A PULSE", you shouted in your head in relief.

Then, you rolled the body onto its back, delicately lifting his chin up and leaning in close to check for air flow. Luckily, you could hear some breathing; faint, but still good enough for a trace of life.

Thank the heavens.

You gently brushed back the victim's two-toned hair to examine his head; bloody from brunt force. Pressing your hand against the wound to prevent further bleeding, you desperately scanned the area for your purse that contained some bandages and disinfectant. To your dismay, the dark alleyway provided inadequate lighting to get a proper scope of the area. Realizing the hopelessness of the situation, you ripped off the right sleeve of your scrub (typical hospital wear for faculty). You shifted your seating position, cradling the corpse's head in your lap. Lifting locks of bi-colored bangs, you managed to wrap the cloth around the patient's forehead to at least stop the bleeding, but you were 99% sure the injuries didn't stop there.

Tying off the ripped cottton to complete the makeshift band aid, you catch the patient's eyes flutter open, heterochromic greys and blues meeting (e/c), interlocking. Despite the severity of the situation, for some reason it felt as time stopped for the both of you. Dark, dull brick and concrete flushed with color as gentle moonbeams illuminated the area, soft twinkles surrounding the two of you. The dirty, rundown alleyway transformed into a moonlit garden. Bloody and bruised, his face shimmered in the silver beams emphasizing a sharp jawline and kind eyes. His heterochromic orbs started intensively, like they were peering into your very soul. Your cheeks flushed, as you held the beautiful stranger's head in your lap for a relatively long amount of time. For those 3 seconds of eye contact, it was like both of you were the only to people in the world.

"W..Where are you, hero", an unsettlingly grim voice called out, disrupting the mood.

An amorphous shadow cascaded against the brick walls inching closer to the both of you. The color drained from your face as you frantically wracked your brain for ideas on getting the two of you out of there. You wanted to run, get up, scream, but the adrenaline had already washed away, leaving you paralyzed with fear.