Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Honestly, good. Maybe then someone wi—never mind. They're too oblivious. No wonder many people get kidnapped or killed in public places," he mutters as he pulls his phone out. He sighs at seeing the video and the message below.

  Have fun seeing my new victim. —Crimson.

"Oh? She has your number, that's nice. You can see as she tortures her victims." Tomura snatches his phone and plays the video, forcing him to watch it. Izuku tenses at seeing the night vision. "Yes, I heard about this type of torture. Put them in a dark room and watch how their sanity crumbles." He laughs as he sees the expression of trepidation on the hero's face. The way his eyes widen and his lips part then brought in by his teeth, chewing on the dead skin. "I can help you, Midoriya, but I want something in return. If you want her gone, you just have to trust me." He turns up the volume so that he can hear the screaming and crying of the tortured man. His grin widens as he watches the man tear at his own flesh, ripping it apart and letting blood splash onto the ground.

"Stop," he murmurs, looking away and feeling sick to his stomach. Here he is, having a grand ole time with his friends while someone is getting tortured to madness. "Stop it, please. I—Fine. I'll answer your questions. Just . . . stop. This—This isn't funny."

Shigaraki grins in triumph. He turns the phone off, placing it on the table. He turns towards him, sticking his hand out. "Deal?"

Flicking his eyes down at his hand, then up at his face, he lets out a breath. Izuku reaches up and shakes his hand, glad that Tomura was being mindful on one finger. "Deal," he responds reluctantly. He should get dual fingered gloves so that he doesn't—

  "Arg—!" he cuts himself off as to not bring any attention to them, clenching his fist. On his left hand, a sigil appears. Three big delicate swirls two having dark and thick ends, two small swirls in between two of the bigger ones on the right. Two branches jut out facing into the middle from the inside of the curve on the bottom. On the left there's a line with two curved lines going through it. A small horn like shape above the last swirl. A few more details that he can see but cannot focus on. It's blurry to him. He glances up to see Shigaraki wearing the same pained expression.

"What the hell is that?" Tomura asks growling at the sight of the sigil on their left hands. He moves his hand so that he can see it better. The dark marking stands out against the pale hand, almost looking like a tattoo. The golden light around the edges slowly fading as the sigil stands out and shows what that small handshake had done.

"A sigil. If I'm not mistaken a contract sigil, the one that I made a few weeks ago. I didn't think they'd work," he mutters. "Now, we both cannot lie and have to uphold our ends of the deal. You tell me what you know and I'll answer any questions you have."

  Shigaraki is thoughtful and for a second Izuku believes that he might not have known anything after all. He's hopeful, but it doesn't last long. "Alright and if we don't?"

  "If you lie, you suffer the consequences. I don't know if it's different every time or not," he falls into an explanation that last a few minutes long, hating the fact he had made a contract with this asshole and that he has to tell him everything. He cannot believe he fell for that trick.

An ugly smile comes onto his face as he realizes something. I've got you trapped, Midoriya Izuku. You won't be able to uphold yours, you won't have time. "Alright, I'll go first."

"Wait, what are you wanting to know?"

"Your relation with death and everything that deals with it."

His brain comes to a screeching halt. Shit, he thinks. Maybe that display in the USJ was not a good thing—he blames Death for being in this situation. Fuck, fuck, fucking hell! He cannot tell him just how the hell—no! Dammit! Okay, he has to calm down and if he doesn't he's going to show him how freaked he is. "I—"