[ 10 ] three eyed mouse

Start from the beginning

And there is one more thing I hear before finally drifting off, "Goodnight, Emily."

___

Two hours.

I get two pathetic hours of sleep before I am woken up, hearing the words 'a meeting with the Grounders', that has me jumping up from my cot. Of course, the loud celebrations that are happening just outside my tent aren't letting me rest easily either, so I decide that I should just get up and join whatever shit-show they are planning. So, stumbling out of my tent with the bright colored blanket tangled up between my legs, I run right into Bellamy and Clarke.

"I'm sorry, did I just hear someone is about to go on a suicide mission?" I slur slightly, the effects of sleep and the remnants of alcohol taking a toll on me, as I bend over to get the blanket to throw it back into my tent, only to see my two friends staring at me with bewildered expressions.

"I swear to God I put you to sleep like two hours ago—" Bellamy mumbles in confusion, extending his arm out to the tent behind me.

"Go to sleep, get that alcohol out of your system. You have nothing to worry about," Clarke sighs, trying to get me to head back.

"Nope, I'm going, too. I just need a little water,'' I argue, pulling off my hair tie from my wrist and gathering my hair up, "Or maybe a bit more than a little."

Bellamy huffs, running his hand over his face and hair, "Think it's a good idea to give a drunk Emily a gun? I mean, she's a good shot usually."

"I'm not that drunk, plus, it will be completely out by the time we get there."

"Oh, God. Fine. But, Finn doesn't need to know that we are bringing back up, okay?" The blonde clears up, motioning for me to follow Bellamy, who goes to get Jasper. So, we both do exactly that, stopping for a second so I can fill up a canteen.

Bellamy walks into the tent first, "Jasper, you're coming with me."

"I am?"

Then I make my own entrance through the flaps, "Ew. What's that smell? Are you barbecuing some poor three eyed mouse?"

That question sends everyone into a moment of silence, before Bellamy clicks his tongue, going back to Jasper, "You handled yourself well in the cave with the Grounder."

He stuffs a rifle into the lanky boy's hands, before taking another one off of his shoulder, putting it in mine. The man watches as I adjust it, the strap going around my arms.

After a second of everyone staring at me, Bellamy pushes the barrel of my gun further down, earning a baffled blink from me. He blinks right back, then reaching for some bullets, only to be stopped by Raven's hand going around his arm.

"If you're planning on shooting anything, you better think twice. I haven't checked those yet."

"Then give me some bullets that work," Bellamy demands.

My best friend eyes him suspiciously, "What do you need them for?"

The curly haired man seems to think for a second, but then deadpans, "Your boyfriend's being an idiot."

"Oh, so he did it. I'm impressed," I say, forming a 'not bad' expression.

Raven glances at me quickly, then grabs a few magazines, "I'm coming with you."

"We should get Clarke," Jasper suggests, the three of us looked at him, nodding.

"Clarke's with Finn, isn't she?" Raven purses her lips, glancing at me. It's silent as Bellamy leaves the tent without a word, while I offer the girl a sympathetic look, before following after him. Minutes later, we are following a trail of Jobi nuts Clarke expertly left for us, the dark forest eerily quiet around us as we stroll through trees and over bumpy paths.