[ 10 ] three eyed mouse

Start from the beginning

''Grounders. By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob," Bellamy guesses, seeing Clarke's troubled expression, "Relax. I got security covered. Why don't you go get a drink? You look like you could use one."

"Yeah, it's a great idea. You know, take in some Ambrosia, power up, all that stuff. Then go snatching boys left and right," I chuckle at my own joke, referencing a Greek myth I remember reading about once in the library.

"You're interested in Greek mythology?" Bellamy questions, eyebrows raised in surprise as he watches me with a curious glint in his eyes.

"Duh," I smile, shutting my eyes, "Whenever I got tired from drawing, I would take a break by going over different myths. Ancient Egyptian mythology is my favorite, though."

"You are getting more interesting every day, you know that?" The man inquires, leaning against a tree trunk with his arms folded over his chest.

"I have no idea what just happened," Clarke laughs lightly, eyes flickering between Bellamy and I, "Anyway, I could use more than one drink."

"Then have more than one. Clarke, the Exodus ship carrying your mother comes down here in two days. After that, the party's over. Have some fun while you still can, you deserve it. I will take care of Emily."

"I am not little, I can take care of myself!"

"Yeah, maybe you're not little, but you're drunk off your ass," Bellamy points out, gently hiking me out of Clarke's arms, "Have fun. I got this."

"Yeah, okay. So do you by the way. Have fun," the blonde nods slowly, a small smile still on her lips.

"I'll have my fun when the Grounders come. Besides, I think that getting this one to her tent is going to be damn hilarious. Go," he tells Clarke, watching her leave after a moment of hesitation, during which a knowing smirk plasters itself onto her face.

"So, Barnaby," I say, holding onto his arm as he guides me through crowds of people, "You're a geek."

"Maybe, but so are you. But—"

Bellamy gets cut off by a couple that drunkily slams into us, stumbling past while muttering apologies and giggling after almost knocking me off my feet, something that would've happened to my drunk self if Bellamy didn't hold me up.

"God, I hate people," I mumble quietly, steadying myself as well as I can.

"Me, too," Bellamy lets out a small sigh, but there is no actual malice behind it.

My eyes flicker up, widening just a little in embarrassment, "Oh, God. You heard that?"

"Yup," he confirms thoughtlessly, appearing almost relieved due to the chance to easily chat with someone without having to keep that serious, leader facade up.

I shake my head, whispering to myself, "Great fucking job, Emily."

At that, Bellamy releases one last chuckle, before we reach the tent I share with Monty and Jasper. He sits me down on my bed as I yawn, exhaustion coarsing through my body as Bellamy passes me one of the blankets we brought back from the depot, watching me as I wrap myself in it, creating a cocoon of warmth that slowly lulls me to sleep, "Hey, Billy?"

He hums in response, not moving from his previous spot right next to my bed, ignoring the fact that I didn't even use his real name. I guess he finally accepts that he has to get used to it if he wants to stick around.

"Thank you," I mumble, my eyes drooping shut slowly. He quickly blows air out of his nose, an action caused by sheer amusement and something else neither of us can wrap our finger around quite yet, as the only thing he knows is that it makes his face light up as he grins.