Chapter 4

A/N I'm thinking of changing the end of this, so it's not exactly the same as Infinity War. Comment, and tell me: should I change the ending or keep it the same as/similar to the movie?

We were sitting on the bus seat, on our way to the second museum of the day. Peter was sitting by the window, leaning against it. I was leaning against him, playing piano tiles as he watched over my shoulder. Ned sat on his own on the seat in front of us. The whole class was bored out of their minds.

That's when Peter suddenly perked up, and stared out the window.

"What?" I asked.

"Spaceship," he replied.

"What?" I repeated, confused.

Peter bent forward and tapped Ned on the shoulder. "Dude, we need a distraction."

He quickly nodded, before screaming "we're all going to die!" And pulling everyone over to the back window.

"Is now a good time to show Tony?" I asked, already digging in my backpack to grab my mask. Peter smiled at me, pulling out his own mask and web slingers.

"If you feel like it?"

With that, he shot a web at the window and opened it, leaping out the bus and pulling on his mask. I followed suit, using my abilities to pull up debris to support my feet, and we both made our way off the bridge we were crossing, towards the alien tech.

———LINEBREAK———

I took in the situation quickly. There was a huge alien dude battling Iron Man, and it was not going well for him. We were both in our outfits now, and with quick reflexes both Peter and I realised Tony was about to be crushed by a huge metal claw, attached to the alien.

Peter beat me to it.

"Hey, Mr. Stark!" he said, grabbing the claw.

"Kid, what are you doing here?"

"School trip! Also, I brought a friend."

Just as Peter said that, I used one of my lasers to slice through the claw arm, and Peter threw it off to the side. I waved at Tony as he stared at me in his suit. However, I didn't get much time to enjoy the moment, as suddenly I was swept off my feet and into a fountain.

"You know what, questions later. Kid, aliens are here to steal a necklace from this wizard." As if rehearsed, a body followed by a smaller alien guy darted past. "That's the wizard, both of you follow!"

Since I didn't have a comms system connected to Tony in my mask, Peter had to relay the info quickly to me in our homemade ones before we both took off after the wizard.

We were hot on the alien's tail, Peter slightly ahead of me. Suddenly, Peter was hit backwards by a panel of metal.

"I'm good, keep going after them!" I heard through the comms almost immediately after I witnessed it.

"On it!"

I pulled up brick after wheel after panel of metal for me to leap onto, each one of them thrusting me forward more and more before I caught the two. Alien dude glanced out at me just as I noticed the bands of metal surrounding the wizard. I thrust out my hand, freeing him of the bonds, just as the alien did the same, but towards me. I was suddenly surrounded by car tyres that prevented me from moving. The iron bands were tightened once again on the wizard, and finally the alien managed to grab him.

"Oh, you must be the experiment! I'm here to collect you too," the alien said to me. I couldn't respond because of the rubber tyre being pressed into my mouth. Then, both the wizard and I were thrust upwards, towards the huge spaceship.

"I got ya!" Peter appeared out of nowhere, slinging web around both me and the wizard and grabbing a lamppost with his other hand, trying to keep us from going up into the ship. A beam was sent down from above, and the small alien dude pulled the lamppost up from the ground.

"Mr. Stark, we're all getting beamed up!" Peter spoke into both his comms. I didn't hear Tony's reply.

Finally, Peter let go of us. I didn't see where he went, as the huge doors of the aircraft opened, and shut behind us. Both the wizard and I floated through into the main space, before we stopped just beside each other. Every time I tried to break my bonds with my powers, the tyres tightened. If I wanted to not suffocate, I needed to stay compliant.

Eventually, the alien dude came in. He introduced himself to me as Ebony Maw, as the wizard was still unconscious.

"I'll be taking you to Thanos. We'll see if our pawns did what we asked correctly."

I was starting to panic. Maw brought in these silvery spears, making them ring the wizard, dangerously close to his face. I didn't know how to help; I couldn't. I hadn't felt so helpless since that day, the "incident".

"Nano-technology, used for micro-surgery." I hadn't noticed the wizard wake up, and Maw was now talking to him as the silver spears approached him. "Incredibly painful without anaesthetic."

"I'll never give you the stone."

"I know, I plan on taking it."

The wizard continued to gasp at the pain, when he met my eyes.

"Why is there a kid here," he choked out between pants.

"They're to be delivered to where they belong," Maw replied cryptically. "They were made to serve Thanos," he walked over to me and made eye contact, "and that's what you'll do."

I couldn't respond; I was still wrapped in tyres.

"Hey, Squidward!" I looked up to see Tony hovering. Why was he here? Where was Peter?

"You can not defeat me, Stark," Maw replied. He tore parts from his own ship using telekinesis, angling them towards the suit.

"Yeah, well, the kid's seen more movies." With that, Tony aimed for the side of the ship, blasting a hole in it that all three of us were immediately sucked towards. As Maw lost his concentration, the tyres fell off me, and I managed to grab the side of the ship and, using my enhanced strength, pull my self out of the vacuum. Peter leapt forward from the shadows, surprising me in a new suit, and grabbed the wizard with his web slingers. Metal spider legs sprouted from his back, pulling him backwards, and Tony sealed the hole with his tech.

I fell on to my back, panting. I shut my eyes for a long second, and opened them to find the Iron Man himself standing over me, offering a hand up. I stared up at him through my mask that had stayed on during the whole event.

"Explanation, now."

A/N lucky ducks getting a long-ass chapter. 3 pages on my Word document. Don't say I don't treat you well.