James/Sirius x Reader (Pt. 2)

Previously on James/Sirius x Reader: "Say, why don't you and I get out of here tomorrow and have a couple butterbeers? Treats on me." You opened your mouth to say yes, but rethought. But James asked me to go with him tomorrow... Ah, they're best buds anyways, not like they'd mind! Hell, they'll probably leave me in the dust and pick up some girls together. You laughed in your head at the thought. "Of course I'll go with you, Padfoot!"

You paced around your common room, unable to decide what to wear to meet James and Sirius. You didn't even know why you were a nervous wreck. They're your best friends, (Y/N), it's not like you're going on a bloody date! Finally, you pulled on some jeans, James's maroon sweater he gifted you last Christmas, and Sirius's golden paw necklace. You headed out to The Three Broomsticks, where James asked you to meet him and where you told Sirius to go.

The bells over the double doors jingled as you entered the shop. Your body immediately warmed up, and you made your way over to James's table. "You look absolutely stunning, especially in that sweater of yours." "It was a gift from a very, very close friend of mine." You teased. He ordered one butterbeer for the two of you. About thirty minutes passed by with you and James scooting closer together and adamantly discussing the best Seeker techniques when the doors jingled once again.

"What the hell?" James muttered as Sirius walked over. You stood up to hug and greet him. "Hey, angel. James." He responded back curtly, but with a warm smile to you. "Sorry for not telling you in advance, but I ran- well, flew- into Sirius and invited him here. Figured you wouldn't mind, as you two are best friends."

"Oh yeah, the greatest of friends. Ain't that right, Potter?" Sirius leaned back in his chair and tipped his head back. ""Course. All fine by me." Something between them seemed tense, but you brushed it up. Taking a few last sips of your drink, you stood up. "Hey, let's go to the bookstore! I completely forgot to get Slughorn's potions manual, and he'll be livid if I forget it two days in a row." You flashed a grin at the store manager in thanks and skipped out the door, Sirius following close behind you with protective instincts.

James threw coins on the table and hurried after you two, making sure Sirius didn't get too close. In the bookstore, Sirius amusedly watched you get distracted and look through countless other books. He stood beside you in the small corner of the store as you flipped through a potions book. He reached out and tinkered with his necklace around your neck. "I'm glad I gave this to you, it suits you well..." He said, his voice surprisingly soft and husky.

You felt obliged to match his tone, and looked up at him looming over you, blocking your view from anything else but him. You hugged the book close to you and blushed. "I wear to almost every event and exam. It's my good luck charm." You whispered back. Sirius gave his famous pearly grin, and his eyes softened more. He every so slightly stepped forward, and something in you moved you forward as well until your bodies were nearly touching. His head bent down as yours went up, eyes going to a close in sync.

You had almost kissed the boy until a voice broke the silence from behind many bookshelves. "Hey guys, let's go to Honeydukes now!" James called out. You jumped back into the wall, Sirius's cheeks going maddeningly red. "Er, let's go, shall we?" He turned on his heel and walked towards the door, you disappointedly following after and completely forgetting about your book.

In Honeydukes, you repeated the same process as in the bookstore and glossed over all the candy. Sirius had muttered something about "wanting to spend some time alone outside", so you and James browsed the candy together. Taking two toothpicks with chocolates on them, you two clinked them together and ate them. "That was the best chocolate in the history of ever!" You exclaimed with a full mouth, making James laugh.

"Remember what Remus always lectured, eat before you talk." You smiled at the memory of Remus playing the Mom-card. "You've got chocolate on your lips now." James held your chin in four fingers, slowly and softly rubbing the candy of your lips with his thumb. He bit his own lip as he dragged yours slightly down, revealing your teeth.

You froze at the action, letting his fingers roam your face. Eventually he brought up both of his hands, cupping your cheeks. He stopped there, letting himself admire your face. You couldn't help the scarlet blush creeping up your neck and onto your cheeks. You felt him pull you closer, and you reacted the same. You tugged his hoodie strings to you, pulling him down closer and closer to your face. Your lips parted for him, but they never met, for another voice interrupted you once again.

"Bloody hell, mate! I go outside for a few seconds and you're all over my girl! Do you not have any respect for her!" James let go of you gently, but stormed closer to Sirius. "Oh, you're one to talk. You're calling her your own as if she was property! (Y/N) belongs to no one but the one she chooses, whether it be one of us or none at all."
The two boys stared each other down, not wanting to be the first to break away. Eventually, Sirius turned to you, his startling gray eyes piercing your heart. "Well, (Y/N), who's it going to be then?" Your heart tugged in two opposite directions, but you knew that only one was the right choice. You closed your eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them back with certainty.

"I choose..."

To be continued....

Hello amazing readers! I'm terribly sorry for the late uploads, and the next few uploads may be horribly late as well... I'm having no inspiration or motivation with my one shots as of late, and I've always valued quality over quantity! Of course I'll still keep uploading, but it might just take a bit longer! Thank you for reading as always!