Arranged Marriage

Beginne am Anfang

"I love you, Schuyler. I won't forget the amazing sex we had every night, or the amazing food you cooked all the time, or our love for each other. Sleep well, sweet prince. I'll never forget you." I say, putting his arm down.

Tommy drags me out and I just cry the whole ride home. I walk in the door and I see my mom there.

"Adam. I heard. I told you, this was a phase." She says.

"No it's fucking not. I'll never love again. We're doing a funeral for him and you're not saying no. I'm dead fucking serious." I say, walking up to my bedroom.

I hear the front door open and shut.

A few days later...

This whole funeral is depressing me more and more. All I'm doing is just sitting here, barely present. The tears fall once in a while, because I can feel them falling down my face. I don't say anything to anyone. All I do is think of the good times and beautiful memories we had and all the things we used to do.

2 months later...

Nothing has fucking changed and I'm still depressed. I don't want to sing, and I don't want to do anything that involves happiness. Nothing makes me happy anymore. Schuyler made me happy, even with just him looking at me.

I get out of the car and head into the hospital to see my mom. I walk into her office and sit down.

"Mom, I can't live without Schuyler. I don't know if I can live at all. I feel like a part of me is gone." I say, crying again.

She has me stand on the scale with my shirt off. She examines me and checks my vitals.

"Adam, are you not eating?" She asks.

"No, I don't know how to cook as much as Schuyler did. He always made the meals." I say.

"Adam, I want you to go home and eat something, anything. You're underweight." She says.

"Whatever." I say.

"Now tell me about your day." She says.

"Nothing has fucking changed, Mom." I say.

"That couldn't be true, Adam." She says.

"It is. It won't change." I say.

I get up to leave and swing the door open to see a nurse about to walk in. I just walk past her and then feel dizzy, about to fall. I start falling and I feel someone catch me.

"Help!" I hear a voice yell as I black out.

20 minutes later...

I wake up and see I'm in a hospital bed, I look to my left and see that same nurse charting stuff.

"What happened?" I ask, groggy.

"You passed out due to starvation. You should be eating. I'm nurse Lilly." She says.

I see her reach for my wrist and I just swat her hand away.

"I have to check your blood pressure or you'll have severe low blood pressure." She says.

A month later...

I've been arguing with my parents for the past hour about my behavior and they won't fucking stop.

"We're giving you two options. Either you get married to Lilly because she has become good friends with us, or you can kiss your singing career goodbye because your father will not support you or let you succeed ever." My mom says.

"I will go after every damn company that will try to help you maintain a stable singing career." My dad says.

I groan and then sigh.