More Then Best Friends?

I laugh as I watch Tyler smack Scotty's butt with Kino's paw. I'm sitting next to Jaren with my legs across his.

"So love birds, are you guys dating yet?" Both Jaren and I look up above us to see Craig, looking down at us, expecting an answer.

"We aren't dating Craig." I say as Jaren rolls his eyes.

"I don't want to ruin the friendship that I have with this shit head." Jaren says and smiles at me. I gasp as if I was hurt and lightly shoved him. "We're going on what...4 years?" I nod and take a drink. Jaren and I have been best friends since high school. We just sorta, clicked in school and now, we really don't do anything without each other.

"I'm surprised you guys aren't together honestly. I mean, you guys do everything together." Tyler says, taking a drink of his beer. "Wasn't he there when you got your first tattoo?" I look down at my ankle and see a small sun with the words "rays of joy" under it.

"I know you guys are best friends but man, just date already!" Scotty says. Everyone agrees with him, saying similar things. Jaren looks over at me and mouths "I'm sorry".

"Well, if you're done now, I'm going to go plug my phone in." I make my way to my room and close the door behind me. I know Craig said that because he knows I do indeed have feelings for Jaren, but I don't say anything so nothing happens to our friendship. I sit on my bed and sigh.

"Hey (Y/N)..? Are you okay?" Jaren says, full of concern. I ignore him and turn so my back is facing the door. "I'm coming in." I hear my bedroom door creak open, then close again. "I'm so sorry (Y/N)." I feel the bed sink next to me. He puts his hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" I turn and face him, looking down.

"I mean, sure." I say. Jaren sighs and pulls me into a hug. I immediately wrap my arms around him.

"Talk to me. You know you can tell me anything." I pull away from him and swallow hard.

"I can tell you anything?" I look down again. This is it.

"You know you can (Y/N). Don't even que-"

"I want to be with you." I interrupt Jaren but instantly cover my mouth. He looks at me, eyes wide. "I'm sorry I shou-" I get interrupted by Jaren putting his lips on mine. It takes me a few seconds, but I kiss back. He slips his arm around me and pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. I pull away, breathing heavily.

"I want to be with you too (Y/N)." Jaren smiles and slips his hand behind my neck, pulling me in for another kiss. As soon as we do though, the door to my room opens. We break apart, but it's too late.

"FUCKING FINALLY!" Jaren and I look over to see The boys in the doorway. "DUDE WE CAME UP HERE TO APOLOGIZE BUT YOU GUYS ARE MAKING OUT INSTEAD." Tyler says excitedly.

"Man fuck apologizing, Jaren already did that for us apparently." Scotty says, laughing.

"This is the cutest fucking thing ever I might throw up." Crush says.

"Okay guys, you can go away now." I say getting up to close the door.

"What are you guys gonna finally make it official?" Scotty says with a wink.

"Fuck you Scotty." I say while laughing. I shoo them away, and close the door.

"So, are we going to make it official?" Jaren looks at me, smiling. "We did just kind of kiss you know." I laugh and sit down next to him.

"If you think it's a step we should take, let's do it." I kiss his cheek and lay on the bed.

"I've been waiting for a while to call you mine (Y/N. Trust me." He lays next to me and pulls me into him. I lay my head on his chest and smile.

"Should we stay in here or go out to the living room with the boys?" I laugh and look up at Jaren.

"I don't know. Do we want to be teased constantly?" He smiles and kisses my forehead. "I bet their outside the door." I say quietly. "Go turn the doorknob." He gets up and turns the doorknob. We both hear a quiet "shit! run!" and then footsteps running away. "Told you." We share a laugh. "Let's go downstairs." I get up but Jaren blocks my way.

"Let me do something first." He puts his hand on the back of my neck and pulls me in for a kiss. It's needy. Very needy. I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me closer to him. He breaks away from my lips and starts to trail down my jawline.

"Jaren...as much as I want this. We should wait till we're not in a house with all our friends." He stops reluctantly and groans.

"I know...I just wanted to kiss you again." I smile and give him a quick kiss. I grab his hand and nod towards the door. I open it and hear the boys.

"You guys better not have-"

"Shut up Tyler." He laughs as I flip him off.

"So are you guys official now?" Scotty and Craig say. Jaren nods and the boys cheer. "Fucking finally!" Scotty says.

***

i have writers block fucking kill me now
- bryleigh